QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Thursday, January 5, 2012

MILLENNIUM GARDEN UPDATE

I have been working on more applique sections for "Millennium Garden".  There is a background measurement mistake in at least one piece and on another, the applique parts just don't want to fit the way they look in the picture.  I did not re-size the parts but I think I would if doing it a second time.  I am hoping to get things to fit together.  I have parts on the design wall but not exactly placed as they will be in the end.

I received two gifts from fellow bloggers.  First is a pillow cover or wall hanging from Darlene.  I like the way she finished the project.  It can either hang on the wall or you open the flaps on the back and slide a pillow form in.  A very good idea.  I like that the sleigh is a basket and has a snowman in it.
And from Mary at Quilt Hollow (I refer to her as Quilt Mary), a new quilt book and a magnetic note pad.  The quilt book as two wool projects that caught my eye right away.  Both are baskets of flowers.
I am going to do a little embroidery and watch "The Young and the Restless".  I have watched the show almost from the very beginning.  I guess about thirty years.  Some of the characters are getting up in years but there are always new ones getting added to the mix.

I am off to stitch.  Come back soon.

19 comments:

  1. The blocks on the design wall look wonderfully primitive. This is going to be a great quilt!
    What a cute dual-purpose Santa stitchery piece. Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks on the design wall.

    You really must have been a good girl last year to receive such wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look great! And you gifts are super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The block is looking so lovely,,I love it so much..
    And the gift is very cute too..
    Hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Millennium Garden is looking amazing...great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt Karen, how awful though that there are mistakes in the pattern. Every designer's nightmare.

    Lovely gifts! What a great idea to make the pillow cover so you can hang it too. Love it.

    My grandma had watched a bunch of soaps from the very beginning too....she was blind for 20 years but listened faithfully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were those gifts for your birthday? or just because? You are worthy for both!! Love your blocks, bummer about the error. That makes it so frustrating.
    Have a terrific day girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, Karen, your garden does grow.
    Sorry there was an error. You'll just have to be creative in working around it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your applique! Sorry to read the pattern is not accurate~ do they have a website to check for corrections?
    Great gifts! Mary and Darlene are both so thoughtful.

    Happy stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know how you must feel. I completed all the blocks for "Primative Primer" and couldn't understand why they didn't fit when I went to put the entire quilt together after following the pattern instructions. I mentioned my problem to the quilt shop where I purchased the pattern as a BOM and they told me that a correction sheet had been issued. Unfortunately I didn't get a copy. I still have not put the quilt together - since I get a royal math headache each time I attempt it. Someday though. Would you mind sharing the Millennium's correct measurements as I have this pattern waiting to get started on.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. The measurement mistakes definitely are a patternmaker's nightmare. I hope you can work it out somehow. The blocks just look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My you have been busy! Lovely gifts from Mary and Darlene....I used to watch The Young and The Resless when my first daughter was a baby...I remember sitting watching while she was feeding....and she will be 37 next April!!! Haven't watched it for years so would be a bit lost with who is who....or maybe not LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I REALLY love your fabric choices! I remember having some fit issues, too. I thought it was just me *lol* I put in some little bits of filler fabric and it all finished up fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOur new applique blocks are super.
    very nice gifts from some very nice girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Millenium
    Garden. The fabrics give it a nice, fresh look. I am still hand quilting mine after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Millenium
    Garden. The fabrics give it a nice, fresh look. I am still hand quilting mine after all these years!

    ReplyDelete