QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, February 5, 2012

BLESSINGS FROM THE HOLLOW PART 2

Last year in March, I showed a picture of a completed quilt top called "Blessings From the Hollow".  You can read about it here.  Mary from Quilt Hollow made the original quilt that is in a book by Kim Brackett. The fabric is from a Moda line called "Blessings" and designed by Jan Patek.  I liked the fabrics and I liked the design, so I chose to make the same quilt.  Mary machine quilted it for me several months ago.  All it needed was binding.  I was busy with other projects at the time and ended up putting the quilt in the sewing room closet.  Finally, I got it out and attached binding for a finished quilt.

I have been doing lots of applique and will share the blocks with you in another post.  I pulled a UFO out of the closet last night that needs additional applique.  That is what I will be working on this afternoon.  Always something to keep me busy stitching and happy.  Stop back in a day or two to see my progress.
Karen

22 comments:

  1. Your quilt is just beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful quilt! I feel the same way - there are always something to stitch keeping me happy! I even feel dilemma between so many what I want to stitch the next. And of course, your appliqué blocks and quilts are so inviting. Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sure is beautiful. I thought this to be a very sweet quilt when Mary showed it last year. Yours is gorgeous too!

    Happy stitching,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt Karen - and your Trumpet Flower quilt from a couple of posts ago is beautiful too. Great finishes - a good way to get the year under way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es una colcha preciosa . Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the border, your piecing is perfect!!

    One of these days I hope to have a quilt quilted by Mary. I love seeing pictures of her work.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this quilt. It's on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful quilt! I'm glad to read it's finished. It deserves to be on view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful quilt! I love the warmth of the fabrics. It is a very interesting block design, and Mary's quilting is always the perfect finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet quilt :)
    Your header is so sweet too,
    Love for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get out your Iced tea--- the same thing I'm drinking. I'm stitching binding while watching the Super Bowl hoopla... Hopefully at the end of the evening...we'll both have completed quilts......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty! And Mary does such an amazing job with the quilting...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is lovely and how cool to get Mary to quilt it too. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous. I love the colours, they are very soft and peaceful somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you are knocking out the closet quilts!!!
    This is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful quilt! I love the pattern and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. VERY nice! Congrats on another beautiful finished quilt :)

    ReplyDelete