QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, February 12, 2012

CHRISTMAS SEW-ALONG FOR FEBRUARAY PLUS MORE

I got a late start on joining in on the Christmas Sew-Along that happens on the second Saturday of each month.  I had a very pleasant time visiting with two quilting friends and going out to lunch.  Unplanned event but a very pleasant one.  It is always good to get together with friends who like the same kind of quilts, share thoughts and ideas, and have a good lunch.

I started on my project on Saturday evening.  By the time I got it to the point where a picture would look like something recognizable, it was too late to do a post.  Here is a picture of the progress I made.

All the applique parts are fused down and ready for machine stitching with a small buttonhole or overcast stitch.  I have navy blue borders cut ready to add on after that.  The pattern I am using is by Country Threads and is called "Merry, Merry Christmas".  Wonder how they came up with that name".  The pattern includes instructions for two more smaller pieces.  One says "JOY".  The other has a Christmas tree with balls on it and says "Deck the Halls".  I was thinking that someone could use the snowman and change the wording to "SNOW" and use the quilt for winter decorating and not just the holiday.

I have two more of the Buttermilk Basin blocks stitched.

I think I will work on the holiday project this afternoon and enjoy my day.  I hope you find some time to play too.
Karen


31 comments:

  1. That's such a cute Christmas project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your projects. I really like the snowman with the Merry Merry Christmas. Cute font and and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Merry Merry Christmas quilt. Snowmen are my favorite!

    Enjoy your day of sewing. I have to find a quick pouch to whip up for a co-worker's birthday...its tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your merry christmas project looks great !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, Karen - I love your Christmas quilt. Sounds like you had a good day, and lunch with friends is always a winner!! Are the "Buttermilk Basin" blocks part of a pattern, book? Love their look :o)
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that snowman!!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you got lots done yesterday. I'm sure you will have a "SNOW" quilt whipped up in no time. Your house will be brimming in snow inside since it won't be outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute projects!! So enjoy seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uauhhh!!: In fact you didn't have a rest!!. Lovely Christmas project!!:
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Prim patchwork . I never see it in England . Do you have an email list that would remind me to look at your blog for ideas . I tried to print the two blocke you are showing . Are they free BOM or foe sale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your quilty friends. I was wondering where you have been yesterday during our party of Christmas QAL. But look at you have worked a lot for your Christmas project last night!! Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy, busy quilter. Love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always flying fingers at yours! I have to tell you that the monthly sheep blocks are delightful! So far I like the first two blocks the best but all great together. Again...another fun project you've started for me to drool over! Dang it Karen...knock it off!!! Hee! Have fun, enjoy your Sunday stitching...our taxes are nearly finished. Thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love your Merry Christmas! So glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. both of the finishes are super sweet like always..
    i love them so much..
    hugs cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like fun sewing. I'm keeping focus on finishing previously started projected. It's always the quilting stage that slows me down.But we press on with borders of another project. Ihope to post soon. Keep having fun....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas to you to! It's so fun to work on seasonal projects all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry, Merry Christmas is so pretty. Something tells me you are an overachiever, which is pretty nice when you make such beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!! I am hoping to get some sewing done this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH that is so cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Merry Merry Christmas project!

    Always good to have lunch out with friends - thank you for coming back to join in the Christmas QAL - look forward to seeing you next month over at Joanna's!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a really cute Christmas quilty! And your sheep are looking great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love the merry christmas block. I'm a great fan of wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your snowman! That name is quite a stretch, isn't it? : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Merry Merry Christmas is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Christmas project is adorable. I love snowmen...not snow! We are doing a holiday project once a month also ~ keeping ahead of things.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Again, I love the Buttermilk Basin project! It seems so strange to see Christmas projects at this time of year, BUT we will be ahead of the game come December!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is such a darling quilt! You get so much done! There is always something new to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. so fun! And no pressure doing it in February!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The snowman quilt is wonderful! I like your ideas of using other words so it can display longer than just the holidays.
    Love,love,love the sheep :-)

    ReplyDelete