QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, February 6, 2012

COLLECTOR SERIES BLOCKS

More "Collector Series" blocks to share with you.  These are all from one leaflet.  And I have not trimmed the blocks just yet.  They will not be side by side in the quilt.

Next is the Zinnia block from the same set of patterns.  Jan says her bottom leaves on her real zinnias always turn yellow.  She made the bottom leaf on her applique much more yellow than I did.  But I did use a more  green with more gold than the upper leaves.

And last is a picture of my first postage stamp block.  Thanks to Lori from Humble Quilts and Kathie from Inspired By Antique Quilts, I had more variety of squares to pick from.  Thank you!   Seems like I have a lot of blues cut compared to other colors.  Their contribution helped me get going on piecing.    I have ten rows of ten squares each adding up to 100 pieces.  I haven't decided how big of a piece I will make.
You can see a picture of Kathie's design wall with several blocks displayed here.

That's all I have to share today.
Karen

25 comments:

  1. Your Zinnia block is cute. I look forward to seeing the completed top.

    Your postage stamp quilt is a great way to use up those small scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful prim blocks, you have a good start on the postage stamp or you could just stop there. Love to see all the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's "all" you have to share?! My goodness Karen~ that is a lot of stitching!! :-o Love the applique blocks~ my zinnia's always had yellow leaves at the bottom too. LOL
    The postage stamp quilt is going to be stunning! Good rich colors! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are lovely. Have fun with the postage stamp blocks. I love all their scrappiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these look great. I just love the postage stamp block. I need to make a postage stamp quilt. Every time I see one, I think about how much I need to just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I really love the postage stamp quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story of the Zinnia leaves. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved Kathie's postage stamp quilt. Yours looks good, too. It is an ambitious undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a postage stamp quilt~!!~you really are ambitious~!!!~
    this block looks wonderful.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous Karen. I too am inspired by Kathie. I have been working on several small quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your postage stamp block. Lots of great fabrics there.

    Wonderful blocks. The zinnia is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A postage stamp quilt is such a great way to use scraps! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those blocks!! That zinnia is lovely. I remember starting a postage stamp quilt years ago, tiny 1 1/2" squares, all by hand....I think I threw it out, lol. That was before I had a sewing machine. Didn't have the patience then OR now, but I sure do love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy looking at what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your primitive style blocks. The zinnia block is fun!!

    Love your postage stamp block!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your collector's series blocks but I especially like the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The zinnia is just sooo cute! Very nice the bottom two leaves vary.
    Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow - what a great start on a postage stamp quilt. It is so fun to look at the fabrics.
    Great primitive blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blocks, I just love the patterns you make. Wonderful postage stamp block too! I have a box full waiting to be stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the postage stamp block! Are you sewing individual squares or strip quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving those Collector series blocks! Did you see the newer quilt on her blog, Over the Meadow? Love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been quite busy and prolific while is was 'off the grid' As always, I love everything. Wish I could be a fly on the wall for just one day to see how you manage to get so much done *s*

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love them all, Karen! And your header quilt is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Karen, just gave you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete