QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A COMPLETED WALL HANGING AND A FLIMSY

The second Saturday of February was the first Christmas Sew-Along.  I posted a picture of the "Merry, Merry Christmas" wall hanging I worked on that weekend.  Later that week, I did the quilting and binding.  Now I have a new addition for Christmas decorating.  In case someone wants to make one, a reminder that it is  a Country Threads pattern.

I completed the "Save the Whales" top.  When I showed the project on my blog earlier this week, I still needed to add the star section across the top and the borders.  The quilt is to be a gift.  I had in mind to make a wall hanging with the ship and ended up making a sofa size quilt with the addition of whales, stars, and the lighthouse.  The parts for the quilt came from Jan Patek's book "Oceans Aweigh".  I was asked where the book can be found.  There is still one used copy available on Amazon books.  I don't find one on E-Bay at the current time but do see one every now and then.


My good friend Dawn sent me a package with left over fabric pieces.  Good browns and reds to add to my stash.  And a delightful addition!

I have lots to do in the sewing room today.  I best get to it.  Stop back for another visit soon.
Karen

30 comments:

  1. Very cute Christmas finish! I'm still working on Christmas quilts that didn't get finished in time for last year. It will be so nice to have them ready when the time comes and not feel under the gun to get them done.
    Love the whale quilt--very nice job!
    Lots of yummy fabric from Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the stars area great to finish to this wonderful quilt!
    I love lettering on your christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry, Merry Christmas is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your save the whales quilt top and hhmmmm . . . i think i might have that book . . .

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects! I like the save the whales quilt a lot.
    Your Christmas quilt is gorgeous. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these quilts are so sweet! Had to burn a path to Amazon and order the one with the whales in it. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these---you really are such an inspiration. :) Yummy fabrics from Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, primitive quilts!!! Always a treat to get fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, you finished another loverly Holiday project? Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Save the Whales is wonderful! And what a nice addition to your 'new' Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Christmas wallhanging! Lovely scraps as well - a fun package to open I bet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas wallhanging is really sweet! And the whale quilt looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Christmas wall hanging! Save the Whales is darling too in a patriotic theme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your gorgeous wee Christmas quilt - it's perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It impresses me when quilters work on Christmas projects all year round. Both quilts are charming. That top row of stars really says complete

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Merry Merry Christmas. So cute. Gonna have to go check out Country Threads. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The star border on the top really finishes it off nicely. Pretty pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was able to order the pattern on Amazon...thanks for the information! Love how both of your quilts turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute xmas finish and it's only Feb! good for you. I sure like the row of stars on your whale quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. DARLING quilts! I laughed out loud that you started out making a wallhanging and ended up with a sofa sized quilt. It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Merry Merry ;-)
    Glad you can use the fabrics.
    The whales are spectacular - someone very special will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 2 wonderful projects Karen. I love the Christmas one, and think the addition of stars on your Save the Whales is brilliant and really sets off the rest of the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those scraps---kind of hungry for Spring---Way too early---but the brown with little red flowers sings to me...make something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely quilts, I love the snowman!!!
    I got nice scraps, you can't have to many.
    Have a nice day, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  25. *mmmm* browns and reds, always a lovely stash addition!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YOu are so amazing! I just always love seeing what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  27. They both look wonderful!! Reds and browns are so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the whale quilt! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have that same book! I started the whale block about 3 yrs ago...I love that pattern! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete