QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, February 13, 2012

A SMALL QUILT TRADE

Lori of Humble Quilts has such a similar taste in quilts as I do.  We have stitched quilts or have works in progress that both of us have made.  She shows her own quilts or antique quilts that pique her interest and  they always grabs my attention.  I chuckled the other day when she showed a picture of an antique folk art style quilt saying she was inspired by it to make her Jubilee quilt in similar style.  I have had a picture of that very same quilt  in my inspiration file for quite some time.  We decided recently that a small quilt exchange would be something fun to do.  No guidelines for the trade other than a target date for completion of what we would make and something in a similar size.    No rules about style of quilt or techniques used.  I am thrilled with what she made for me.

I love the design.  I love the colors and fabrics.  I love the small quilt! The trade could not have been better unless Lori had delivered it in person.  I feel very fortunate to have met Lori via blogging.  She has a wonderful personality and is so creative.  We met in person several months ago but only got to spend an hour together  (she was heading out on a quilting cruise that morning).  I hope sometime in the future that our paths will cross again and we can spend a longer length of time together.

Here is a picture of the quilt I made for Lori.

This quilt is about 18 inches square.  I named it "Sampling the Past".  You will notice that we both chose to use reproduction fabrics and in the same kind of colors.  I added brown  to mine but we both used the red, cheddar, and green.  We both used Lori Smith designs for the applique.  I think we were on the same wave length.

Thank you, Lori, for suggesting the trade and for making me very happy!  She is doing a post today also so stop by and pay her a visit  here.

Karen

36 comments:

  1. Wow, they are both gorgeous quilts! What wonderful gifts you each made and received. Definitely a "Fair trade agreement!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are just wonderful! I'm wondering what size your star block is - those applique blocks must be tiny if this quilt is small! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both quilts are wonderful. Awesome trade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are so beautiful and you both are very talented ladies.
    How fun this must have been to swap quilts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that both of you hit the jackpot...these are amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about "Win/Win"; you two made such lovely quilts for each other. I think that is a really super idea--they are similar in style, yet both so original...Nice. Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet way to enjoy your love for quilting and your friendship. Both quilts are such treasures! Beautiful and special for you. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both did such great work! I have to say, though, that the one you made her is "totally awesome!" I love small applique squares. And look at the size of the circles on the quilt you received. Really, really nice quilts by both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZERS....YOU BOTH made absolutely beautiful quilts for each other!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful!!! Both are so lovely! Swap are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both quilts are incredible!! You both chose my favorite quilt colors. I am so impressed with your talents and thanks for sharing both with us. I think I can safely speak for all quilt blog readers that we are drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great swap, both quilts are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful quilts.
    I have made some wonderful friendships through blogging - who knew that this would be one of the bonuses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE both of these, what a great idea! Quilty people really do appreciate quilted gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are wonderful! What a great bloggy friendship you share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this is trade that went very well! Both quilts are fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous quilts for both of you! I like both of them very much! So happy you liked my new About Town Bag. I love the braid. I made a quilt with long braids just like the tote bag. Easy and looks nice!! Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you visit often!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, they are both just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Come on now--you can admit it. You and Lori are really sisters separated at birth, right? The style and colors look like they were selected by or for one person.
    Both quilts in the swap are special. A lot of time and caring went into them. Applique isn't my thing, and I admire anybody who does as nice a job as you and Lori did.
    Sweet exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!
    The quilts and the friendship.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A win win for the both of you. Each one is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. Both are beautiful. You do have similar tastes! Too bad you don't live closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful challenge with nothing but gorgeous results! Love 'em both.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your adorable quilt on Lori's blog, so I was excited to see what she made for you. Both quilts are just wonderful, and it's so interesting to see the similarities in the two quilts. Beautiful work by both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You both did a great job! Very sweet idea and so happy you both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how wonderful! What a great trade!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You both are lucky people. The little quilts are really treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How fantastic are both of these quilts? Just love them. Definitely drooling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you both made such fabulous little quilts. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Two beautiful quilts! Such a fun thing to do! I can't stop looking at these little quilts. So small and detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love both of them - how lovely to have a friend that loves the same things you do! I think I'm going to have to get some reproduction fabrics, I have nothing in my stash - but I surely do love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  32. two fantastic quilts~!!~
    amazingly similar yet each with it's own sweet charm.
    i love the date on the one Lori made and the tiny applique on the one you made is amazing.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both quilts are beautiful. A great exchange. It was so nice that you were able to meet. Love the quilt in your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the both of them! How nice of her to deliver it in person. Have a nice weekend, hugs from Holland Else

    ReplyDelete