QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Monday, March 12, 2012

SPRING FLING AND QUILT SHOW PICTURES

I completed the "Spring Fling" quilt top earlier this afternoon.  An easy applique project and it went quickly.  All the fabric used was from stash.  The pattern I used is by Jan Patek.
Two close-up pictures of the quilt top.


I discovered that I need to make one small block before I can complete sewing "Millennium Garden" together.  The block is not mentioned in any of the pattern pamphlets though the leaf shape to be used is in one of the them.  Just no measurements for the background nor mention of making the block.

I attended a local quilt show with two friends this past Saturday.  It was difficult to take pictures.  Too many people and not enough room to back up and get a whole quilt in the camera viewer.  So, I will share the ones that caught my attention and that I was able to get a picture of.
This quilt was made by my friend Susan.  It is called "Mummy, Mummy How Does Your Garden Grow".  She combined a Sue Spargo pattern with a Halloween pattern.  She fussy cut designs from fabric and made faces on the flowers, eyeballs, etc.  Click on the picture for a close-up view.

I thought I would be able to get the maker's name from the quilt show booklet but I can't find this one in the book.  A long time ago, I made some of the blocks from this pattern but never made the whole quilt.  I still have the blocks but no longer have the pattern.
My friend Susan also made this quilt.  It is "Millennium Garden".  The same pattern I am working on.  She used the fabrics from the original pattern, so it is done in different colors than mine.
I wish I could have gotten the whole quilt in the picture.  These are blocks from "Civil War Love Letters".  I think this one deserved a ribbon but had none.  The piecing was very well done.
The squares are teeny tiny in this red and white quilt.  Very well done.
Another red and white quilt.  This one has redwork embroidery.
The last picture is the chicken quilt.  An interesting concept in that it is embellished with something for the feathers.

I heading back to the sewing room.  I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Karen




30 comments:

  1. Susan's quilts are amazing! She does such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your quilt. Very nice and light and Spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love colors, a very spring quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us to the show Karen! Your Spring Fling is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure enjoyed the show through your camera lens!! That chicken just cracks me up! I think he would startle me in the morning hours if hung in the kitchen. LOL
    I swear...that header quilt is just stinkin cute...I swear because your really adding to my list of quilts to make!! Geez...sleep already!!! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spring quilt, Karen. Oh how I love it. We are really feeling spring here and this is so perfect.

    Quilt shows are always nice....and always hard to back up and get the whole quilt in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan's "Mummy..." quilt is the cutest. Thanks for sharing the other quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt! Very pretty :o) And thank you for the peek at the show quilts. Some really nice work there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new top has given me spring fever along with the time change.I liked your quilt show pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new quilt is lovely!
    Great quilt show (even the ribbons are beautiful) - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your spring quilt finish. Another lovely one!! And I strongly think your your quilt should be at the show display with a huge ribbon on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Spring Fling is too darling! What a great pattern. Love the quilt show too - your friend Susan made some gorgeous quilts too, love the Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what beautiful quilts. These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new top - just in time for spring! Thanks for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always amazed with your applique!! Such lovely work! The quilts are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beatiful quilt you are making. I like the colours you used.
    Thanks for the "quilt show". Some wonderful craftmanship in those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Spring Fling is so cool and fresh looking--like a Spring morning.
    Thanks for sharing the show with us. People do amazing things with fabric, don't they? : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilts. I love your Spring project. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the quilts look great, thanks for the pictures. I love your new headerr too, the colours are so calming and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Spring Fling is very beautiful, with real spring colours. And the quiltshow is very nice, your friend Susan makes also lovely quilts!
    Happy quilting, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Il tuo Quilt è stupendo..
    in questo lavoro vedo la primavera che è alla porta..
    un bacio
    cri

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I think the Civil War one is beautiful!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Jan Patek quilts and your spring fling is darling. I have started one by her, but I'm slow. The quilt show quilts are awesome too. I went to the Dallas quilt show and will be posting some pictures soon. Two pictures are of chicken quilts - I hope they turned out - I haven't checked them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen,
    Love the way spring has sprung in your header photo!
    Very interesting quilt show pics - thanks for posting them. We never get tired of looking at quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. your spring top is too cute. I like the leaping bunny -
    Thanks for posting the quilt show quilts. What a talented group!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I made "Spring Fling" and I love it! I see you like Jan Patek patterns too! Looks like you have fun quilt friends!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great quilts in the show. I like your version of the M. quilt much better.
    Neat ribbons too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great quilt show! Love the large rooster quilt and especially your Spring Fling! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your spring fling! Made that quilt myself and used some Japanese folk art. It is a quick quilt! I do like Jane Patek's designs. Thanks for taking us on a tour of the show! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Enjoyed all the pictures from the quilt show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete