QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SUMMER FLOWER BASKET

I stitched a small quilt top.  It is twenty-one inches square.  I took a block from the Electric Quilt software "Folk Art Blocks", made some changes and tweaked some shapes and this is what I came up with.
All the fabric used was from stash.  Some of it is from  two or three lines designed by Minnick and Simpson, some by Jan Patek, and a piece by Buggy Barn.  I like mixing fabric together from different designers and lines of fabric that they put out.  Doing applique, my stash does not get used up very quickly.

I made a signature swap block for someone who is also making blocks inspired from the Ohio Miami Valley quilt book.  I will be making three more to swap with some of the other ladies also doing the project.

I am anxious to play in the sewing room.  I have lots of ideas floating around in my head.  I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.  I'm off to have fun.

24 comments:

  1. DARLING little quilt! I think you get more done than anyone else I know. I love your block too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm itching to do some applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect for the start of spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that block! Says "SPRING".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your basket fabric, applique is my favorite so I always enjoy popping over to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect spring applique! I love the bird wings! :-) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this block, esp the little yellow flowers :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mini quilt, I love your applique. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful little basket quilt. I love the mix of fabrics. I think the bird wings are my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL applique block/mini quilt and I love the pieced basket block...I love interesting baskets, pieced or appliqued.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your little flower basket quilt. I have that software but haven't used it yet. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful applique.Love your fabrics choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such fun fabric for the bird wings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful applique block - great job

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your applique block...always love to visit your blog, so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well...you know what I have to say. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! I love your appliqued basket!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great little quilt block. Love the basket.
    So happy to see you are having FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your applique block is lovely! I haven't played with the applique blocks in EQ yet - looks fun. I love your sweet basket block too. I just love it when those ideas are running through my head and I get time to play - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful applique' quilt top! Your personal changes make this unique and wonderful.

    My pattern arrived! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work, really, really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so prolific. Every day you have something new to show. Fantastic.
    I love the bird wings too. The block is lovely, perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omigosh, Karen... You are from Viera, FL? So am I! I found your blog from another blog I read and as I was scrolling down your entries, I saw your signed basket block. How crazy is that! Do you belong to Seaside Piecemakers Quilt Guild? LOL! So nice to meet you and find your great blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete