QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Monday, April 30, 2012

PLAYING CATCH-UP

I am playing catch-up.  Catching up on block of the months and projects in the works.  I completed the third block, which is actually part of a border, for "Town and Country".  A Jan Patek pattern.
Another "Christmas 101" block.  This is the third one.
I am participating in making "Comfort and Joy" along with Anne of "Cottons 'n Wool" and a few others.  We are to do a section of the quilt each month.  The ladies have already completed the first section and I just joined in, so I needed to catch up.  Here is my first section.  I am using some Linda Brannock fabrics with others from stash mixed in.  You can read about the project on Anne's blog post.
I finished stitching the wool appliques down while we had company visiting.  This afternoon, I added borders to the two pieces.
The bunny is a Buttermilk Basin pattern.  I used a Blackbird Designs pattern called "Garden Song" for the bird piece.  That pattern is in the book "When the Cold Wind Blows".  I like the denim blue fabric I used for the border.  I think it brings out the blue used for the bird.


Happy stitching to you!  I am going to be stitching on another applique this evening for the reproduction quilt I am making inspired by the Miami Valley quilts.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. How you manage to get so much done is a mystery to me. I think you must have more hours in your day than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that denim blue border, too.
    I so want to start a Miami Valley quilt! But I have a pile of hand quilting to do first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stitching up a storm! What lovely blocks!!! Love the house block especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are unbelievable! These blocks are wonderful! I think I love the bird block best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More terrific eye candy! Always fun to see what's keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen! These are so perfect! I am like you and love the primitive country! Since I've always loved them, I should really get busy and try my own! I love looking at your blog~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I am going to have to order that book! So many cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love ...over the moon in love with your comfort and joy block...house and flag are fantastic but then I just might be your number one fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful, Karen, but I'd say Garden Song is my favorite. I guess maybe because I am ready for Spring!
    I just love all of your primitive projects. I think they are what I would be doing if I did applique! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Gawd woman, do you sleep???
    Wonderful projects...ALL of them!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....you are fast! Your C&J block looks fabulous. Never dreamed you would get it done so fast. Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen - your projects keep me inspired! So darling - love the blue bird!!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, I need to move in with you and stitch with you. Maybe I would get something done! I love everything! My favorite is the start of the Christmas quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lot! You have been busy and it all looks great! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great projects to be working on! I love the Comfort and Joy block and the birds especially. Nice work in keeping up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love it all you make. The house are very beautiful.
    Heleni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on all of it! Think my favorite one is the last one with the bluebird.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa you get lots done - love them all and welcome aboard on doing the Comfort and Joy journey - it will be fun and love your block.

    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy! All of your blocks are wonderful. I have been working on the Comfort and Joy quilt with a few of my friends. I am supposed to be on block four but just finished block two. I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful projects your working one. I really like the red background in the first picture. And all the fun scrappy blocks around the house in the middle picture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karen

    So glad you are joining us in the Comfort and Joy Quilt. You block looks fantastic! What a fun quilt we are making.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking good! I need to play catch up too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad your joining us Karen on the Comfort & Joy quilt. It's going to be fun. Love your other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Karen,
    I recommended your blog in my post yesterday!~ I just love your work! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blocks very nice, I will continue your progress

    Hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am in awe of how much you get done! I love all the primitive projects...SO COOL! And the demin on the Blackbird Designs project was a great idea. I've been saving all these old jeans...I must put that bin in a more prominent spot so that I will consider it when making fabric choices.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete