QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

HANDWORK

Today I am sharing pictures of some wool blocks I have stitched and some embroidery blocks.  First up are the wool blocks I stitched this past week.  The patterns are from Buttermilk Basin and are the "Sheep In the Willows" set.



And a picture of all that are completed.
I have been picking up a set of Annie embroidery designs and working on them when we have traveled or when I want to do something different.  There is one for each month of the year.  I find that embroidery does not photograph all that well.  I have decided that these are going to live with someone else besides me.  November is partially done and all of December left after that.  I have some other embroidery blocks I want to work on.  The embroidery blocks are all on the same fabric but don't look that way in the pictures.







The pattern set for Annie is by Cedarberry Stitches.

Nominating your favorite quilts and voting for your most favorite quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival is going on now.  Stop by for a look at all the quilts if you have not already done so.  Click here for the nomination form.  Click here to view the quilts.  There are over 600 quilts.  Something for everyone's taste.

Have a great day!
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Love your handwork especially those sheep! I might need to stitch those also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwork is so beautiful, wonderful and amazing! I always love seeing your projects! Makes me want to do some embroidery again! But alas, I'm working on a big applique project so it will have to wait!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sets of blocks are so cute, but I think the sheep are my favorite. I never seem to get handwork done anymore--I think I have given up on it, but I love to see what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wooly sheep :-)
    I have been enjoying my embroidery project as well.
    I gave your quilt a vote on the Blog tour. Hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a lot of work has gone into all that! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wooly sheep are pretty cute. Once your embroidery blocks are set together I bet the colors will pop more. I'm going to go look at the quilts again on line and I'll put in a vote for yours. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sheep but one little one needs his legs/feet. :-(

    Annies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sheep!! Such fun and your Annie's blocks are cute too - thanks for sharing - always get inspired when I see what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this kind of handwork Karen. I've seen these patterns before and admired both sets. I started getting together my embroidery projects yesterday to take to the mission and I have way too many! I've started and not finished several sets so that's going to be a major commitment of time for me this summer. A couple of them are nearly finished so that's a good thing since a couple are barely begun! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the buttermilk basin set! i remember looking at them and being tempted.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the lamby blocks. The details are so cute!
    the stitchery blocks are lovely too
    you've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sheep :o) The Annies are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive been watching your progress and lurking too. Lol. Company leaves today. I hope to find time to make proper comments in Blogland again. You always show ans share the cutest blocks!

    ReplyDelete