QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Thursday, June 28, 2012

"COMFORT AND JOY" SECTION THREE

I have part three of "Comfort and Joy" ready and on time.  The group of ladies that are each making the quilt are listed on Anne's blog (Cottons 'n Wool).  Click here  to go to her blog and there you will find the list and links to blogs where you can see each person's version of the quilt.

I got frustrated with the star blocks that were in the pattern.  Those five pointed uneven kind.  I made templates but did not get a nice 6 1/2" block.  So I switched to the Sawtooth Star and I am happier with making those.
And below you can see the three sections sewn together.  This makes up the whole left side of the quilt.  Quite a bit of the fabric that I am using is from a line by Linda Brannock.  Then I added to it from various pieces in my stash.  Well, all of it is from stash and of that I am glad.
A Santa Claus section comes next.  I have a month to get it done.  Stop back and check my progress.
Karen

25 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a sawtooth star. This is looking so fun. Definitely makes me smile. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. applause, applause - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great-love the stars and all the fabric choices:)Exciting to see it put together thus far:)
    Shazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen it is just fantastic! I love it...love that you switched out the stars! I looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking so good. It's been fun seeing what everyone is doing with this. Always love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good en I love those stars! Always better to do your own thing! Greetings'
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice on the stars! I love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking great! Just love this quilty. It is, again, on my someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work, this is SO cute, can't wait to see it all unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sawtooth stars. I just did mine out of wool because I knew I wouldn't be able to get those weird angles right! It's so fun seeing how everyone's blocks are turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always look forward to seeing what you're working on! It always looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making great progress on this one! How awesome the fabrics are all from your stash - they look beautiful all together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, Karen. I'm so behind with mine but keep on hoping to catch up with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your work! It looks great and I enjoy watching it progress. Is the pattern available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your blocks for C&J look fantastic. Great idea with the sawtooth stars.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, ha, my quilting teacher calls the stars you describe the "stars from h----!" I'm about to try making some.... Your quilt is looking wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep saying I'm going to make a churn dash quilt....I just have a thing about that block... great piece....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving it Karen - the colors are great. I agree with the stars, yours are perfect and those other stars where funky - I went with wool instead of having a try at them. This is fun seeing the different blocks. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sawtooth star is a great design. I love the churn dash blocks in this section.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just too stinkin cute! It is such a FUN quilt! I truly wish I had your applique talents. (mine would not look near as nice!)

    ReplyDelete