QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LAST BLOCK FOR "THE BIBLE QUILT"

The last block for The Bible quilt I have been working on is done.  The quilt pattern is by Jan Patek.  Now I need to trim the blocks, pick a sashing, and stitch them all together.  This block takes up the space of two of the other blocks in the pattern set so it took more time to complete than the others.  I am happy to be at this point in creating the quilt.
I had plans for today to work on finding out where I am on projects.  I have so many UFO's and it has all become rather confusing as to what needs done.  I am not feeling my usual self so I don't know how far I will get.  One of the main UFO projects I want to sort through is the Moda University basket blocks quilt.  I have parts and pieces done and all the applique parts cut out.  I just don't know how much I have done and if I need to cut out any more filler pieces.

I have made two blocks that I can't show you until later in the month.  They are for BOM quilts.  I did not want to put off making them and have them ready before the due date for posting (part of group efforts).  I feel good about having them done and not having to rush later in the month.

Back to my sewing room.
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Love your block - and your fabulous fabric choices.
    Sometimes a little re-group on the projects is helpful.
    Hope you have a great week! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen, I love that block! I've always wanted to make that quilt, but me and applique aren't on friendly terms! Maybe I'll suck it up and try it one day. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your finish! it always feels so good to get to that stage and your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo - the final block is done!!! It looks great, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staying busy, I see. The bible quilt block is very nice. Anxious to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful block! Congratulations on finishing the last one for this quilt! I'll bet it feels good to have them all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Your last block!! I'm sure whatever you choose for sashing will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This block is wonderful!
    Sometimes I finish up something and then don't know where to turn. It isn't that there aren't things that need finishing--it is more that I can't decide which one has priority. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing all the blocks together! UFOs...I think we all struggle with them. Good luck with your organization efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good feeling to get the last block done! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah a step closer. This is going to be such a beautiful quilt. All your blocks have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How are you feeling today? I was concerned when I read you weren't feeling yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on finishing the last block. It has been fun watching the process - looking forward to the sashing reveal.

    ReplyDelete