QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, June 24, 2012

SECOND PIECE AND PLENTY QUILT TOP DONE

Whew!  The second "Piece and Plenty" quilt top is done.  At least my part of it is.  The border will be added after it reaches its destination as I don't have it here.  I selected three basket blocks to replace in the pattern. Similar to what I did with the first quilt top.  Here is the newest one.
Here is the first one.
The lighting was different for the two photos so a slightly different look that way.  It is all the same fabric line.  Moda Madeira designed by Blackbird Designs.  The first quilt top was from a kit.  The second was done from left over kit pieces plus a bundle of the fabric and a few pieces I already had in my stash.  So the background used for some of the blocks is not the same as what was in the kit.  I ended up moving  a couple blocks into different positions so that there would be variety of background.  I have said before that this was a Moda University Block of the Month pattern set but have repeated so that a new reader does not have to go searching for the information.

My crystal ball says there may be a third one of these coming in my future.  Just not any time soon.

Karen

30 comments:

  1. These quilts are amazing. Your work is so beautiful! -Derrith S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - each alone - but two!?! ...and then maybe a third leaves me speechless.
    I've said it many times - - would love to play in your stash ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - each alone - but two!?! ...and then maybe a third leaves me speechless.
    I've said it many times - - would love to play in your stash ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love the pattern, and I have it already here, but not starting yet, when I see yours I am seriously thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the basket choices...well, Love all of it :-) Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I am totally amazed and impressed with these quilts!!! Kinda beyond my skills at this point, but love looking at it!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, they are both fabulous. Love the fabric line you've used in these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you changed up the positioning of a few blocks. Makes each quilt unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beauty again! Enjoy, greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're just beautiful. I think that may be the prettiest sampler quilt I've been in a long time. Great fabrics, great pattern, and exquisite workmanship on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Congratulations on your finish!
    Both quilts are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wonderful, Karen.
    I like that you changed them up a bit.

    And a third one? OH, MY! Must be something in your water!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like the baskets! How are you?? Did you goto the Christmas preview at the Quilt Shop? I went and bought more fabric but just don't have the mojo to work it !! Went to graduation in Va. now maye I can see the machine for a while. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both quilts are AMAZING!! Yowzers...the thought of a third!! Incredible!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are getting paid to make a third one! I have a difficult time making two of the same quilt!
    They look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful isn't really an appropriate word to describe your accomplishment. Awesome, beautiful, creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen, they look great! I love how you switched it up a bit with the second one. I admire your dedication in doing two of the same quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!!! I love the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty. Don't know if I could do a quilt that size twice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Karen! Love it! :-) You sure have a busy needle! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's really a lovely quilt. Some of the baskets are (of course) my favorite blocks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both quilts are gorgeous! Well done on finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on such beautiful work. I like how they are essentially the same but on closer inspection, just a little bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, these quilts are lovely! Were they gifts? You are so productive! I need to get snapping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. great quilts! a third one, ambitious!!
    I love the header quilt - great poem

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Piece and Plenty quilt top is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Divine - I really love!
    Hugs - Lurline

    ReplyDelete