QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BLOCK OF THE MONTH AND PRIMITIVE PETER

A finish to share.  I completed the top the beginning of May and now the quilting and binding is done on "Primitive Peter".  Wool on cotton applique.  The pattern used is by Buttermilk Basin.  A fun and easy project.  Too late for Easter this year but all set for next.  I like the pink & green stripe border.
I have had my June block of the month done for a couple days but had not pressed and trimmed it.  This is the fifth month for "Town and Country" and the block is the garden block.  The vegetables in the third row, I don't have the slightest idea what they are supposed to be.  Eggplant?  I don't know how eggplant looks when it is in the garden.
Have a great 4th of July.  Ours will be low key.
Karen

14 comments:

Robin said...

Mr. Rabbit is so distinguished. I would guess that the purple vegetable is an eggplant but it is mysterious.

Sue said...

I do love your rabbit. I wonder if he's the one that's been eating my beans in the garden :)

Janet O. said...

Two bunnies, one garden--I think those vegetables are in trouble. : )
Very cute blocks, Karen.

Lida said...

It looks good and you are really ready for next Easter! Have a fantastic 4th of July to you all!
Greetings
Lida

Cisca said...

The rabbit is super, nice soft colors, nothing wrong with being early for Easter! I don't know either what plants they are, but I also suppose they are eggplants.
Have a great day, Cisca

Melanie said...

Bunnies and crows never go out of season to me...love'em.... Happy Independence Day.

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

I love bunnies! Especially dark colored bunnies! Love your little guy and the garden block as well. Maybe that mystery veggie is mixed lettus? Looks a bit like mine I am growing this year...LOL

Jeanne said...

The rabbit is adorable! I'm going to have to look up that pattern. You're all set for next spring.

Loris said...

Primitive Peter looks ready to go. Love the echo quilting design. He's a handsome guy.
Love the next project. I don't think I've seen that one.
I'm doing some hand piecing here. Happy 4th!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your header!!!!

Mr. Rabbit is better off in your project than in my garden!

Hope your 4th is wonderful.

:) Carolyn

sunny said...

Love your bunny!

Dixie said...

Love your bunny quilt finish - turned out great! I've never seen eggplant growing either, so no help there! Happy 4th of July - we just finished a dinner of oven baked ribs and corn. Yum!

QuiltSue said...

Primitive Peter is cute and I love the basket of eggs on his back.

Carrie P. said...

sweet block! I do like the vegetable. Eggplant? probably!