QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Monday, July 23, 2012

"Simple Sack" Number Three

Another bag from the "Simple Sack" pattern.  This one has a fall look.  The bag is constructed the same as bag number two was. Quilted main body and a pocket added inside.   I changed the wool applique.  The applique part looks wrinkled in the picture but it is just the way the bag is hanging on the door handle.  I found a line drawing of oak leaves and acorns.  I combined that with the star medallion from the pattern.  The bag will be a gift for a friend.
No more bags for a while.  I am on to other projects.  Have a good sewing day.
Karen

13 comments:

Melanie said...

The acorns are my favorite part!!! Hoping for a bumper crop of them this year.

Sue said...

Oh another sweet beauty! I need to make one of these for our upcoming trip to St. Lucia. That would make for a nice purse to carry on board the plane.

Janet O. said...

I love all things fall, so this one really sings for me. It will be an appreciated gift, I'm sure!

Sheila said...

Karen,
Love all your latest projects - am catching up on my blog reading. I really like the bags you are making. They look great and who wouldn't be happy to receive one as a gift?!

Lori said...

Now that you've done three, you should have construction down to a science!! It is lovely Karen!

Yvette said...

I love that one!

Strlady said...

Looking good! These bags just look so comfy! I love soft bags like that.

Darlene said...

Another wonderful bag! Love it.

Wendy said...

Another great bag, someone will be very happy.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Another fun bag! I think this one is my favorite~ love the acorns and leaves. Have a happy week!

Friendship Crossing said...

Love your new bag ~esp. the star in the middle! Really cute!!

Tanya

Sharon said...

Lucky friend, I'm sure she will adore this, it's really cute.

audrey said...

Love the bags. They've all been great, but this one is super sweet.:)