QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Tis' Spring".

Sunday, August 12, 2012

CHRISTMAS QUILT-ALONG FINISH

I finished my Christmas Quilt-Along applique block late last evening.


The block will become a mini quilt.  I chose to use fabrics that were very similar to those Missy used for her piece.  I was not too sure about the colors for the partridge as I think of them as being gray, tan, and black instead of a golden color.  A quick image search on the internet showed me that they came in a variety of colors including the golden color.  Quilt Sue also told me the golden color is what she remembers seeing in her childhood. I have at least two quilts already finished that have a partridge on them and I did them in the black and grey colors.  Something different for me seemed like a good idea.  And I like the result.  Now to find some time to quilt it.
Karen

20 comments:

Lesley said...

Your block turned out beautiful! I love the fabrics you chose.

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

It's really cute! I did the Internet search as well to see what a partridge looked like! I wanted to do one of the wild colored birds...maybe another little quilt in the future. So glad you enjoyed this well enough to get 'er done! Well, almost done! The quilting wont take long at all...Good job!!

Anne said...

Great job. You're definitely gonna be ready for Christmas!

Sue said...

What a great block! I love the fabrics you chose!

Dixie said...

This is a great mini quilt - really love the plaid background you chose - its so prim Christmasy and perfect!

paulette said...

Wow!! This is going to make a VERY sweet little Christmas quilt...and I love the colour of your bird!! It is so hot tonight that is hard to think of Christmas!
P

paulette said...

Wow!! This is going to make a VERY sweet little Christmas quilt...and I love the colour of your bird!! It is so hot tonight that is hard to think of Christmas!
P

audrey said...

It's looking great Karen! You are a master.:)

Janet O. said...

What a great partridge on the pears three. Sorry, couldn't resist. It's late, and I'm punchy.
This will make a lovely little Christmas mini. When it is quilted, will you keep it or put it in your gift pile?

QuiltSue said...

I think that looks great. I love the colours you used, they are lovely and warm looking.

julieQ said...

Beautiful block Karen!!

Carol said...

What a wonderful block Karen...

moosecraft said...

This block finished up great! The fabrics are so nice and warm looking... you have me thinking of Christmas now. It will be here before we know it! :-)

Humble Heart Designs said...

This block is going to look lovely in your quilt. I love it!

Lori said...

It turned out really cute!

Cisca said...

Great block, Karen! It will make a beautiful mini quilt!

Connie said...

Your mini quilt looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it after you quilt it!

Karen said...

Love your block and the colors are perfect. Great job

Hugs- Karen

Carrie P. said...

so cute. I got the patter from Missy too. I really need to make mine.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! Love the plaid background you chose with the red and green.