QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

COMFORT AND JOY PART 5 AND MORE

Today is posting day for those participating in making "Comfort and Joy".  Here is section five.
This was a fairly fast section to make.  The section for September has more parts to it than this one.  No waiting to the last minute to get started on it for me.

I also have a finish.  I finally finished stitching the binding on this little wool on cotton wall hanging.  It is a combination of Cheri Saffiote-Payne patterns.  I did echo quilting and I like the look.  The background fabric is the same one I am using for the Cottage Flowers blocks I showed in my last post.

The past week I have been prepping applique blocks for "Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler Quilt".  A pattern by Lori Smith.  My applique storage notebook that I made recently is just about empty and I needed to fill it up again.  The pattern is a combination of applique and pieced blocks.  All the applique blocks are prepped and I am working on cutting out pieced blocks.  I have a big pile of reproduction fabrics out and I want to be able to fold and put them back on the shelves soon.  Thus the push to get things done.  I have not been doing much actual stitching this week because of that.  You can see what the pattern looks like by clicking here.  I am using similar colors.  I enlarged the blocks to 7 1/2 inches instead of the five inch the pattern calls for.

Back to the sewing room.
Karen


17 comments:

paulette said...

Wow!! You are on a roll..you make it look so easy!!! Love all your projects!!
P

Janet O. said...

I really like your wall hanging, Karen.
That Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler is a beauty--very ambitious. When I push myself and get everything for a quilt top prepped in advance it makes things come together so smoothly. I just don't push myself often enough. : )

Barb said...

great finish! and I love the stocking section - so cute

merumo said...

Beautiful applique inspirations all over on your blog! Love them both projects as well as your new start will be gorgeous.

Doniene said...

Wow oh wow!! Such wonderful projects! I always look forward to your posts!! Now I'm really anxious to see your "Mrs. Lincoln Sampler" I'm sure it will wonderful!!

Have a blessed day!

Danice said...

So pretty. I also love the quilt in your header. Someday I am still going to start my own quilt :)

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Looks great! I may want to make this quilt someday. It's very cute! I like that you get lots done while doing many quilts a little at a time! Nice system!

Sue said...

Just wonderful, Karen.

I bought Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler Quilt pattern from Lori at the AQS show in Grand Rapids. What a great quilt.

Kyle said...

I really like your new header. It sure is nice to take the time and put things away neatly. It makes you smile the next time you go to that shelf to find something.

audrey said...

Great quilt in your new header! I always enjoy seeing your latest projects!

Robin said...

The comfort and joy quilt is coming along nicely. I wish I could have joined the sew-along for that one. I have the pattern. But, alas, I've got my finger in too many pies to start another one. . . I like your new header too.

Elyte said...

I am enjoying watching this quilt progress.
Thank you for the link to Lori's web site. Wow, how did I miss this one.

Anne said...

I'm still loving your pieced stars. Your blocks look wonderful, as always. Don't you just love Cheri's patterns?

sunny said...

They're both wonderful. You do such nice work.

The Civil War Quilter said...

I love the funky tree in a pot wallhanging!Very primitive and fun!

Lori said...

You've been busy with projects I love of course!

Nancy said...

I made the Comfort and Joy quilt last year. I really like your version and your Cottage Flower blocks are just lovely. Great fabric choices. Oh dear, I believe I have that book.