QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Friday, August 31, 2012

LOST AND FOUND

August is coming to an end and time for another section of "A Little Porch Time" to be done.  I spent some time this morning looking for the basket block.  I stitched it a couple days ago and had not seen it since.  I looked all around the house.  The sunflower block was in the sewing room but no basket block.  It wasn't in with the "Comfort & Joy" blocks (another block of the month project I had just worked on).  It wasn't in the piles of fabric I put away yesterday evening and this morning.  Not on the sewing machine cabinet.  Not mixed in with the other applique blocks I am working on.  I pretty much came to the conclusion that it was folded into one of the pieces of fabric I had put away.  I dreaded taking it all out and unfolding it to look.  Maybe I would just make another.  I found the pattern book on a basket by my chair I do applique in.  I decided I should put the book with the block parts I did know  the location of.  Book to the sewing room. One more look through parts and pieces of projects in the sewing room.  Pick up the pattern book and out falls the block.  It was done on a thinner piece of plaid background and folded flat in the book.  Why didn't I look there first?  I could have spent that time stitching instead of searching.

The sunflower block was made quite some time ago.  It was the one and only block I had completed from the pattern.  I had good intentions of making the quilt but never went back to the project.  When Lori posted on her blog that she was going to be making the quilt as a block of the month and did anyone want to join in, I jumped on the band wagon.  Visit her blog to see her progress and check the links to any other bloggers who have posted their blocks.

I am working on the final two flower blocks for "Cottage Flowers".  That's my project for today.  Yesterday evening, I finished cutting out the pieced blocks for "Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler Quilt".  What a mess I had on the floor surrounding my cutting area.  Piles of reproduction fabrics.  Now back on the shelves but not nice and neat.  That's a project for another day.

Back to my stitching.
Karen

15 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh, doesn't that just drive you crazee??? I have been looking for a pair of Karen Buckley's applique scissors that I have had for two years and they are G -O -N -E--(to that place where all our lost things seem to gravitate around this house!!LOL). I finally gave up and re-ordered today--NOW, I'll most likely find them, huh? Have a super Labor Day weekend--Lost and (not) found-Julierose

Lori said...

I get so annoyed when I cannot find something that I know should be conveniently located!!
Love your blocks!! Woo-Hoo!!

Sharon said...

I'm trying to find my big kitchen knife, and I'm the only one who lives in the house!!! Love your blocks, the basket with your initials is great.

audrey said...

So glad you found your block. The basket is very sweet and I love the initials on it!

audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loris said...

Makes me crazy when I lose something! Last week it was my sunglasses...that I had "safely" put into a bag I would have never thought to look in but fortunatley needed to empty out for another reason :-)
Love the sunflower block!

marie said...

I lose things all the time in my sewing room, they get found but after lots of lost time looking and being frustrated to no end.

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, I've done this too - spent ages looking for something and in the end it was in a really logical place - grr! The sunflower block is really nice!

Robin said...

I love the fabric choices in your sunflower block, very rich looking. So glad you finally found your block. That is so frustrating and such a waste of good sewing time.

Karen said...

Why is it we spend so much time looking for things?? I hate that. Glad you found it.

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Been there, done that!! Glad you found it! That sunflower is nice. Looks difficult though for this appliqué gal. Enjoy your weekend!

Darlene said...

I'm glad you found your lost block. I usually lose stuff I've put in a safe place. LOL

Kyle said...

Everyone seems to deal with the same "lost item" issue. It drives me absolutely crazy to loose things! Your blocks look great.

QuiltSue said...

Well at least you did find it. Wouldn't it have been annoying if you had made the block again and then found the original?

Janet O. said...

Sounds like we all share that common experience of looking for the lost. At least we are not alone in our angst.
Beautiful sunflower block!