QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Monday, August 6, 2012

SEW 'N SEWS SATURDAY FOR JULY

The Sew 'N Sews spent a Saturday together sharing quilting thoughts, some current events opinions, and some delicious food.  Rosy and Jean were our hostesses.  We had a wonderful tasting warm chicken salad, squash, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and pretzel salad (really a dessert).

There was some show 'n tell as usual.  The first quilt top was a finish by Jean.  I had a hand in the making.  I embroidered a lot of the blocks and tired of the project before doing the last one.  I donated them and the sashing fabric to Jean.  She is good about taking a UFO from me and doing the finish.  She will have it machine quilted later on.  It is hard to see the design.  They are Prim Annies.  One for each month of the year.  The patterns are available as E-patterns from Cedarberry Stitches.  Look here if you want a better view.

Jean also took a hexagon block her friend Audrey had sewn before she passed away and made it into a pillow.
Please note that Jean is wearing the same exact top I had on.  Twins by coincidence.  Jean got hers for $1.00.  I was not so lucky.

Beverly shared a quilt top with us that is embroidered  Sam blocks.  She said Jean gave her the blocks.  I think they might have been a thrift store find too.  The blue sashing goes so well with the blocks.  It will make a cute quilt for a young boy.
The last picture is of Rosy's wool on wool wall hanging.  Not a new finish but since it was hanging prominently in her living room, I thought you might like to see it.  I started the same wall hanging.  My first big wool project.  I didn't like the way the wool was laying and abandoned the project.  I don't know what my problem was.
If I remember correctly, the pattern was in a McCall's quilt magazine but I don't remember how long ago.  Quite some time.

Hope you enjoyed the view.
Karen

12 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I had a wonderful time viewing all your finished UFO'S!

Great way for a fun get together sewing bee with friends!

Carolyn :)

cucki said...

wow they all so lovely..super cute..
it is so nice to stitch and sew with friends..
hugs xxx

Mary said...

Love your get together. It is fun to share time with friends.

Doniene said...

Cute, cute cute!! So fun to gather with friends!!

Blessings

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Those are some talented ladies!! Hope you had a blast!!

Cheryl said...

Always fun to get together with sewing friends. That is how I spent my Sunday afternoon as well!

Yvette said...

Thanks for all the eye candy on this Monday morning!

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing your get together with friends. Looks like lots of great sharing. Food sounds good too. I have seen pretzels lately in ice cream and M&M's.

Janet O. said...

Always fun to see what other quilters are creating. That is a beautiful wool project. Too bad yours wasn't working out.

audrey said...

Very enjoyable to get together with our quilty friends and have some good chats. Thanks for sharing your projects!

Di said...

So many gorgeous projects! As for that wool applique wallhanging, I think you simply must finish yours, Karen. Rosy's is scrumptious!

Lori said...

Lovely show and tell~!~!