QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

CROW AND POMEGRANATE

A new wall hanging done.  It is called "Crow And Pomegranate".  The designer is Joanne of "Thread Head" blog and it is a free pattern.  Thank you, Joanne.  Here is a link to the free pattern.


I echo quilted the main body of the quilt.  The borders were done free style in prim fashion.  I like the look on this piece.

Joanne has just started a quilt-along and has posted a tutorial for the first block.  Her tutorials have lots of pictures which is helpful if you are a beginning quilter.  She is generous in sharing.

Back to the sewing room.
Karen

17 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful block, I may go have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet..i love the colors so much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Karen! Love the stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I like that! Nice quilting... I need to experiment more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! I agree, Joanne is very generous with her tutorials and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little piece. I have this one stored away for another day. Trying to be rational and resist Joanne's quilt along. Still 50/50 at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this! Thanks for posting the link. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I have this pattern too". If I had some free time, I'd love to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great little quilt!! Love the quilting done on the border! Have a great time in your sewing room! Hugs, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I am a total sucker for quilts with pommegranites in them. (and anything with a bird or crow!)

    In stitches, Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute, love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those crows..... Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  13. great new little quilt. the blue berries are the perfect touch!
    How nice of Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this on her blog. It is darling! Naturally you have completed it-you sew like a maniac! Nice job as always Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Karen, soooo Beautiful, I am soooooooooo Jealous! Really Beautiful, Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute!! I love Joanne's projects!! She is very inspiring and generous, too!!

    ReplyDelete