QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Twelve Days of Christmas"..

Monday, October 1, 2012

NEXT SECTION OF "A LITTLE PORCH TIME"

It is time to show the section of "A Little Porch Time" that Lori of Humble Quilts assigned us to stitch in September.  I started working on it yesterday evening and finished it this evening.
The upper left block was to be a pair of small hands to represent children.  Since there was already a hand in this section, I decided to substitute a dog instead.  I found a Country Threads pattern with a dog.  Too large for this block so I drew a nine inch square and drew a similar shaped dog that would fit within the square.  On the other side of the quilt will be a long cat which is as the quilt is designed.  There are two big applique sections coming up.  I won't be able to wait until the last minute to do those.

Back to my stitching.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Another cute one in the works from you! Very cute little doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh karen,what a nice dog,have a good week,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog turned out great, he looks like he is looking up at you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, cute, cute, cute!!! Love your Comfort and Joy from the previous post, too!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the dog! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SEW clever! Love the dog...such a nice addition!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wait untilt he last minute, and I do mine right away to get it doen! lol
    Love it, Karen!! This has been a fun way for me to get this quilt done....we are gettign close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dog is a good addition. I thought it interesting that you and Lori each made some block changes in this section. And it all works--very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My your quick. I really like your little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful block - love the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun to change things up to personalize it... love the dog. This is going to be a really fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dog! I think it is perfect on those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is coming along lovely. The dog is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is so beautiful!!!

    Have a nice day, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a fast worker :-) It is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the doggy. I may use him as inspiration to draw for one of the quilts in my UFO pile - the pattern has a kitty but, of course, I want a pooch *s*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Puppy dog block is my new favorite.... Complete with the black ears.... What a great way to use up scraps and stash.

    ReplyDelete