QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

PORCH CONSTRUCTION ZONE

The quilt I am working on from the pattern "A Little Porch Time" has fallen behind  a bit.  Three others in the group working on the same quilt posted their star flower basket sections yesterday.  Mine is still under construction.  A lot of stitching on this part of the quilt.
I must have been in a dark and dreary mood when selecting fabrics for this section of the quilt.  There are four more star flowers to add to it.  I think that will brighten it up a bit.  And a yellow butterfly to add to the basket.
It was hard creating the background for the section.  Hard to get to the fabrics on the shelves.  My walker did not fit well into the plaid section and my knee could not tolerate standing to sort through fabrics.  Good news is that my knee feels better.  I am still limping and using the walker but not having nearly as much pain as the past week brought.

You will find me in my stitching chair today working on this basket of flowers.
Karen

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad your knee is feeling better. Keeping my fingers crossed it will just continue in that direction. Have fun stitching.

cucki said...

so happy that your knee s feeling better..
big hugs cucki xxx

Lori said...

Great start! Knowing you, you'll have it done in no time!!
Glad to hear your knee is a bit improved. Take it easy though:)

susis quilts said...

dear karen,i love all those brown backgroundfabrics,hope you are feeling better soon,susi

Carol said...

Love your block! I don't think it looks dreary at all...brown is good! LOL!
Glad to hear you're feeling better...wonder if all the rain and change in barometric pressure last week affected you.

Fabric Quilt Shop said...

So glad your knees are better. It's so much easier to enjoy what you are doing if you are able to get around easier and not feeling any pain. I look forward to seeing more.

merumo said...

Very nice block! The background you chose looks perfect, too. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better now :)))

WoolenSails said...

I love dark colors, and those are beautiful for that piece. I really want to do some pieces for myself, but have a feeling I will run out of time again, lol.

Debbie

Kindred Quilts said...

I like your block... I don't think it looks dreary at all! Happy to hear that your knee is feeling better. Do what you can, and love what you do!

Janet O. said...

Good news that the knee is improving.
I think your flowers will brighten up this block nicely!

Robin said...

The backgrounds look great. I'm looking forward to seeing the other blossoms and the butterfly. It is such a delightful country quilt.

Sharon said...

This block is very cute and I'm glad to hear your knee is feeling a bit better!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I just read back a bit and got caught up with you! Goodness you have been busy stitching! :-) Sorry your knee is acting up, but very glad you don't have to have more surgery! Love all your projects! Have a good weekend!

Mary said...

You always do such beautiful work, Karen, honestly, just trying to keep up with you!! Hugs, Mary

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Glad your knee is doing better, you are such an inspiration to me!!Happy Stitching!

Dawn said...

Great news your knee is better. Had a look through your last posts and love the snowman runner - and basket. You have the best projects!

lizzy said...

I wish you well! My Porch section is completed [those stars are tough!] but I left the quilt and pictures behind when we evacuated after Hurricane Sandy. Maybe Lori will let you and me post our blocks at a later time. Enjoy your stitching!

lizzy at gone to the beach