QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Friday, December 7, 2012

GIFT EXCHANGE PART 2

I posted a few days ago about the items I made for a gift exchange.  You can read about them here.  Nancy of Tom Miner Folk Art and Quilts was the recipient.  Now I have received my package in the mail.  I was very surprised to find out that Debbie of Woolen Sails had my name for the exchange.  She made a needlepunch prim pocket, two needlepunch snowmen ornies, and two embroidered ornies that are filled with balsam.  Debbie used a design by Bonnie Sullivan and turned it into these wonderful items.
The prim pocket has a cord handle attached with rusty jingle bells on the side.  The back part of the pocket is made from wool as well as the lining.  The needlepunch snowman have red wool backings.  Rusty jingle bells on the front. Wonderful that she could taken elements from the pattern and use her creative mind to make all of these items.

That was not all that was in the package.  She included a simple snowman face design for rug hooking and included wool strips.  I have a rug hooking frame, needles, and an instruction book by Tara Darr but have never attempted the technique.  Debbie is encouraging me to give it a try.  She included a needlepunch pattern plus a stitchery pattern and an embroidered necklace pouch pattern. And a fat quarter of fabric.


Thank you, Debbie.  I am still doing The Happy Dance.
Karen

18 comments:

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

How exciting! You are a lucky gal! Debbie is a sweetheart. Sounds like a fun gift exchange! Thanks for sharing!

audrey said...

How wonderful! Very nice exchange!

Janet O. said...

Wow, Christmas has already come to your house! What a fun package!!
Beautiful little needle punched scene. I used to have one of those tools and a bunch of patterns, but I never got the hang of it.

maria alba said...

Te han hecho unos regalos muy bonitos.
Feliz fin de semana !!!!

Robin said...

Boy, you really hit the jackpot!
The little snowmen are so darn cute.

Lori said...

Robin said it best- jackpot! Love the needle punch especially!

cucki said...

very pretty x

Debra Anger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra Anger said...

Karen this is so you...Debbie was thinking and really personalized your gifts they are just true lovely treasures...but richly deserved.

I deleted my comment cause I had more to say. that fabric with the bird holding the pear. I bought 8 meters of that in red and the black each i loved it so much!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wow - the items Debbie made are beautiful. I love the snowmen best.

Allie said...

Ooh lucky you - Debbie is awesome!

Raymond Homestead said...

I'd be doing the happy dance too!

kelley said...

I kept wondering who was going to receive Debbie's great pieces...lucky you! What a fun box to open...

I'm excited to hear your going to learn to hook...it's soooo fun...

Lily said...

DIVINO!!!, BEATIFUL !!!, xoxo

Barb said...

The needle punch is adorable! I haven't seen one finished that way.
Enjoy your goodies!

Kyle said...

What a great exchange. You received some wonderful Christmas gifts.

Cheryl said...

I am green with envy! What wonderful prim gifts!!

Mary said...

How Beautiful!!!! What a wonderful gift exchange!!