QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Tis' Spring".

Saturday, December 8, 2012

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP

I completed a new small wall quilt called "Love and Friendship".  I used a pattern by Cheri Saffiote-Payne.  I love her designs.  I used wool on cotton for the applique.  The quilt blocks are about 4 1/4" square.  Not hard to make but slower to stitch handling the small pieces.  I used several pieces of Jo Morton fabrics and other reproduction fabrics from stash.
It took me a while to decide on a quilting design.  The left border is wider than the right side.  And there are a variety of applique pieces in the border.  I finally decided just to outline the applique and then echo quilt over the whole piece.  I like the result.

I am working on finishing another Christmas design quilt.  Makes me happy to finally get a flimsy to the completed stage.
Karen

26 comments:

paulette said...

OHHHH Karen, your work takes my breath away!! Love this one...heck I love them ALL! P

Monica said...

It looks great! I love everything about it.

cucki said...

it is looking so great..i love it xxx

audrey said...

Sooo sweet! Can't believe how small the blocks are. This turned out wonderful!

Janet O. said...

You certainly are knocking them off the list, it seems.
This is such a great piece--love those small blocks. The quilting looks wonderful. I think the echoing was a good idea.

Colleen said...

Karen Karen Karen!!! Just love it! I have this pattern and I just absolutely love this one. Beautiful as always :o)

WoolenSails said...

I love how that came out and the quilting is beautiful.

Debbie

Pat said...

Karen, it is great - love it.

Quilt Hollow said...

Be still my heart! All things loved! You've got a beautiful piece with this one!

Loris said...

Oh, this is wonderful! Such a sweet quilt and lovely saying. Love the design and crows :-)

belarmina said...

es de verdad muy guapo!!!!! me gusta
saludos

Karen said...

I love Cherie's patterns and this is wonderful. I love that the borders are not even and echo quilting is perfect.

Janet said...

Very nice! I like it very much!

Allie said...

Very sweet - love the quilting!!

LynCC said...

That's so cool. I just love the crows that have been hanging around here lately. :)

Kaaren said...

Super finish, Karen!

Love it! Especially since it's wool-on-cotton. Great quilting too.

Thanks for sharing.

QuiltSue said...

I love the soft colours you chose for this.

Kathie said...

very nice. love the crows and the house in the border.
I haven't bought this pattern yet, now i just may have to!
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Lida said...

It is just a sweet lovely quilt and the colors are beautiful! Greetings
Lida

Cheryl said...

I am so happy you are getting around better and producing like always!! Too cute.

Carin said...

That is looking so beautiful.

Sue said...

Just adorable Karen ! Wow your quilting is just perfect for this little quilt

Kindred Quilts said...

Love and Friendship is lovely! I like the brights with the neutrals, and the use of wool. I think the echo quilting was the perfect choice!

Barb said...

what a great pattern and your fabric choices are wonderful.
I love pieced and applique' quilts - what a fun new folk art quilt!

Stina Blomgren said...

LOVE IT!!!!!:0)
Cheris patterns are just wonderful...and so much fun to make!!
Happy holidays!!

Lizzie said...

Love that quilt!