QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WINTER WISHES

I am digging in the UFO pile for Christmas quilts that need quilting.  I just finished putting the binding on "Winter Wishes".  The pattern designer is Paula Stoddard.   I am often asked where to find a pattern for a quilt I show on my blog.  This one was in the book "Seasons Stitchin's".  There are lots of good prim style designs in it.   Paula's selling website is here.
I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about a quilting design.  I outlined the applique basket and candy canes.  Then I decided to follow the lines created by the light center area.  I used the walking foot and it was done in a very short while.  A new Christmas quilt!

I have another quilt almost done.  Only the binding left to do.  Back to my stitching.
Karen

21 comments:

Colleen said...

That is really cute! I love how it quilted!

cucki said...

So sweet x

Janet O. said...

A great little Christmas quilt. I think the quilting on it is perfect. I was admiring it before reading about it.

WoolenSails said...

I really like that design and the fabrics you used, beautiful piece.

Debbie

paulette said...

YUP...this one is on my To Do List too!! Love this wee quilt! I figured out that my problem is that I started quilting late in life...now I have too many quilts to make in such a small window...unless scientists discover a magic potion to keep us young and mobile! Let's hope..fingers crossed!!

Darlene said...

Very, very pretty. The quilting is perfect.

Kyle said...

Good to see you back in the groove. Your quilt is delightful.

Allie said...

It's adorable!!!

Sue said...

What a sweet Christmas quilt ! Your quilting is PERFECT !

Barb said...

Wow - your headers is so wonderful. I studied it for a long time.
Love this little holiday quilt, the candy canes are so sweet, literally :)

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Oh Yes! You have another cute one! You are very inspiring!

Kathie said...

I love this little quilt
just perfect for the holidays and actually I would be tempted to leave it out all year round.
great job with the fabrics too!
thanks for sharing
Kathie

maria alba said...

Gracias Karen por la dirección para comprar el libro.
Buen trabajo, me gusta.
Mª Alba

Lida said...

I love it! Simple and so nice! Hugs
Lida

Cisca said...

I love your Winter Wishes, Karen! The quilting is fine!
Hugs, Cisca

The Civil War Quilter said...

Adorable and just in time to decorate with for Christmas! Way to go!

Lori said...

Super cute!!

Loris said...

I love this :-) Great choice for quilting. Very sweet quilt!

Friendship Crossing said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I LOVE this quilt! Adorable!!

Tanya

kelley said...

what a sweet little quilt...

Derrith said...

I love this quilt, Karen.I love the colors and how clean the design is and the darling candy canes! So fun!