QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Thursday, January 31, 2013

JANUARY UPDATE - "A LITTLE PORCH TIME"

Time for the January update on "A Little Porch Time".  I was not able to take a good picture and get the whole quilt in.  No one to help me today.
I could not get the left border in the quilt but it is done.  The bottom border, you can only see part of it.  I still have a bird house to add plus two butterflies and those are all on the bottom border.  I did not add a date of any kind by the sunflower.  I have to think about that.  But I am very close to having all the applique done.  When I get to that point, I will try to get a better picture.

Visit Lori's blog to see her complete quilt top.

I will also be taking a picture of the Christmas quilt I have been working on for another update.  I will do a part two later today for that.

Karen

26 comments:

Pat said...

It's beautiful, Karen.

Connie said...

A beautiful "country" quilt.

Quilt Hollow said...

Well, you know I'm liking it. It's a lot of work for sure but will be so worth it in the end. Have a great day! I'm heading out for an appt. (breaking away from these boxes!). LOL

Cindy said...

What a beauty! Love everything about it.

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Karen, it's so cute! Love how it sparkles with the light yellows on the tan background! Very nice job! Congrats on another great finish!

Kyle said...

Your quilt is fantastic. Your color choices really make all the wonderful designs shine.

Karen said...

Karen, it looks so wonderful. I have enjoyed watching your progress posts.

dianne said...

well ... i came here to see the christmas quilt - but forget that - i LOVE the whales in your header - so awesome!!!

Yvette said...

You did a fantastic job. It is gorgeous!

Radka said...

Karen, it is beautiful!!!

Lori said...

Woop! Woop! YOu got caught up so quickly!! You are almost done!!! I love it!

Cathy said...

Awesome.....you did a great job! I made this quilt a little over a year ago. It's one of my favorites!

julieQ said...

I love your quilt...and Lori's quilt!! Just so much fun!

Janet O. said...

So very nice, Karen. I had to enlarge the photo and study the blocks. Just beautiful!

Pat said...

Great quilt Karen.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous quilt, Karen. Big quilts are so astonishing when you put them all together. Love it...Julierose

Darlene said...

Fabulous finish, Karen.

Libby said...

Delicious!

audrey said...

I love this pattern. Such a wonderful quilt!

cucki said...

So pretty x

Cathy said...

I love it. I wasn't able to participate with everyone...but I think I want to start this one now. Yours is so beautiful. Hugs

Juliann in WA said...

This is beautiful. I am stalled due to too much going on at work but I will get there.

Barb said...

Hooray! it looks great. I love the folky blocks and theme.

Purple Pam said...

Both quilts are wonderful. Your patience has paid off.

Melanie said...

congrats on your finish....

Carrie P. said...

Love it especially that tall basket of flowers in the middle.