QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Pond Racing".

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

PART TWO OF THE SALLY POST FLORAL BLOCKS

I finished blocks two and three of the Sally Post Floral quilt patterns.  I thought I would add setting triangles to the blocks so I can see if the red I chose will make me happy.
The red fabric has been in my stash for quite a while.  It is from the Smithsonian Rising Sun collection.  I purchased another red fabric for the triangles but think I like this one better.

I went to the local quilt shop today looking for a pink for sashings and this is what I settled on.  I tried several pinks and none of them made me 100% happy.  With the double pinks I am using for flowers, I thought I needed a brighter solid pink.  I will see how it goes.  It would be too hard to order online as there are so many shades of pink available.

My sister-in-law found a quilting hoop at the Goodwill and purchased it for me.  It was $4.50 and a very nice quality hoop with a base.

I paid a visit to the Hospice thrift store last week and found this doll carriage.  I plan on putting some small quilts in it.  I am trying to decide whether to leave it white or paint it and, if so, what color paint.
I am making progress on the applique borders for "A Little Porch Time".  Thursday is the day to share what I have done so check back with me then.  I have to find a way to take a picture as it is a big quilt.

Karen

22 comments:

cucki said...

wow i love them..they truly so cute..
big hugs x

Sue said...

Those are just lovely applique blocks and what a good find at your thrift store! Love the quilt hoop!

Loris said...

The blocks are looking beautiful. Good choices for the framing fabric.
Your buggy looks nice white...or maybe an off white or tan to go with some of your more primitive fabrics. It will be a fun display.

Cindy said...

Karen, your work is always so beautiful. You put such time and consideration into every piece that goes into your work.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such beautiful blocks! What a great find that hoop was too!

Cathy said...

I just printed out these patterns and can't wait to get started! How are you doing your applique? Needle turn? Great deal on the hoop!!

Cathy said...

I love your blocks. I haven't started mine. Although I do have some fabrics picked out. Hugs

Ruth said...

Oh! I love the doll carriage!! I am a sucker when it comes to doll beds or carriages. I've never come across a doll carriage, though.

WoolenSails said...

Those look beautiful with the background color, really shows them off so nicely.

Debbie

Cheryl said...

Such great thrift finds! If you paint the carriage, first black and then brown and then sandpaper down in a few spots to let the brown peek through???...just a thought. I am always painting brown furniture beige and then sanding it down to let the wood tones show through.

belarmina said...

una vez mas genial!!!!`
ese aro parece muy practico
Saludos

Pat said...

Karen your blocks are beautiful you did a great job. I am so envious of your wicker doll carriage.e. I would leave it as is.

Kyle said...

Your blocks are looking great and they work well with the red fabric. and yes! You've had that fabric for a while, but it's a good one!

Karen said...

So glad someone else loves red and pink - looks perfect!!

Janet O. said...

Your floral blocks make me long for Spring--so cheery!
What great finds! That looks like a good hoop.
I absolutely love the doll carriage. If it were mine I think I would keep it white.

Marianne cas said...

I'm wondering if we were at the same thrift store, I have a small chair just like the buggy, and there was another chair and buggy at the store too. I love the chair, I am going to put some dolls on it, etc. Your blocks are just wonderful, I love the colors.

Barb said...

OOOH that red is awesome. what a great choice!
I'm am totally smitten with your carriage and jealous!!

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Everything is looking so nice! And you have another cute pic as your header! Love it! I guess I need to get to my local thrift store...you having great luck lately! So fun!

audrey said...

Great little carriage! Love your floral blocks too. They are looking very nice with your stash fabric choice!

paulette said...

SCORE!!!! Great finds!! Love your blocks too!
P

Carrie P. said...

$4.50 for that hoop, what a deal. the little buggy is sweet and I am sure you will have that filled up in no time with quilts.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful applique blocks! Love the wicker addition!