QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

BRIGHT IDEA UPDATE

More "Bright Idea" blocks have been made.  Four to be exact.  Five left to stitch yet.  I am using two backgrounds.  Both tone on tone.  One a very tiny flower print and the other a stripe.  When the blocks are set together, there will be a triangle border separating them.  For the current picture, though, I have them side by side.

Back to the sewing room.  I am cutting out applique pieces for some other quilts.  I feel this urge to decrease the stash some.

Karen

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the design and your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very good! I am always amazed at how much you accomplish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pattern. I have the same feeling, it was great to cut 3 yards for a shop sample backing and roll off the end of a bolt of another fabric. We are never going to run out and there's lots more where our stash came from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so beautiful!
    I love the fabrics and colors you've chosen for these as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't detect the different backgrounds until I enlarged the photo. Does the triangle border use the same fabrics as the wreaths?

    ReplyDelete
  6. me gusta, es muy guapo!!!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish I could do that lol....beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your color choices and fabrics are fun and primitive. It's going to be delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are amazing. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blocks are looking terrific. That is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are beautiful, Karen!
    I like the colours much.
    Greetings, Marle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!
    I have 8 rows of my church windows sewn together. More cutting and marking today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blocks, especially the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do such beautiful work! Love your blocks!♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great progress on your blocks. I was head down the last couple weeks - funny when I stay off the internet how much more stitching I get done...LoL
    Enjoy the de-stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, lovely! That's going to be a georgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! And, the way you plan to set them sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete