QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

BRIGHT IDEA

"Bright Idea" is the name of a quilt pattern.  I am not sure the name fits the design too well.  I prepped applique pieces for the blocks last fall but had not done any stitching.  I started to work on one of the blocks in a lull when I needed to prep blocks for quilts in the works.  This one was handy and good television time stitching to work on it.
The pattern is designed by Cherie Ralston and found in the Red Wagon book "Timeless".  The book has a copyright date of 2000, so it has been a good while since it was published.  The quilt has nine blocks and all the same design.  I have mixed up prints for the blocks but all the same color range.  Not anything that will be done any time soon.

I am going to work in the sewing room for a while this morning.  I hope you find sewing time today and enjoy it as much as I will.
Karen

18 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun applique block! Those older books in prim style really do not go out of style. Another reason to love primitive!!

paulette said...

These are my colours...so I am going to love this quilt...I just know it!!
P

belarmina said...

este bloque es maravilloso
veré si puedo encontrar el libro, me parece fantástico
saludos

Loris said...

Looks like a lovely start! I love the colors in the fabrics.
I get to sew today :-)

Monica said...

I like it! Do a little sewing for me today would you please! Currently I'm sitting in an airport waiting to fly to West Palm Beach. It's house hunting time!!!

Karen said...

Cute design - I love those old Red Wagon books. Have a great day.

MARCIE said...

Count on you to find the cutest projects! I should be following your example, but never seem to find time for prep! A necessary part of the whole plan! I always love Cherie Ralston's designs.

Me and My Stitches said...

Very nice block, but I agree...I think it needs a new name! I bet Cherie had a good reason for that name, though!

sunny said...

Very nice! It looks like a fun pattern. Keep on stitchin....

audrey said...

Very sweet applique block! Love it!

Cathy said...

I really love this block. It seems every time I visit your blog I find something else that I want to make. You work is beautiful. Hugs

Dawn said...

That's a great block and I think it will look great mixing up the fabrics. FUN!!

Janet O. said...

Great looking block--love the star flower centers.

Quilt Hollow said...

It's me here! A quick check to see what your working on. Great block would even make a cute framed piece or pillow.

Nadel-Garn-Tee said...


Such a nice applique and i love the colours in your fabrics.
I like most the country look quilts.

Greetings, Marle GER

Libby said...

You make me want to applique!

Pat said...

Very nice! I like the larger pieces to applique.

Barb said...

sweet blocks. I love red wagon patterns they are always in style.