QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Thursday, March 14, 2013

DAFFODIL DAZE PILLOW

I just finished this little spring pillow using a pattern by "On Pins and Needles".
Hard to see in my picture but it is two little chicks carrying some daffodils.  I purchased the background fabric for the embroidery and the rickrack.  All else was from stash.  I think the rickrack the local quilt shop had was a bit too wide but I made it work.  It just didn't make the best corners on the pillow.  But it's done and I am happy.

Thanks to Kyle of "Timeless Reflections" blog for inspiring me.

Karen

29 comments:

  1. It is so sweet. Nice job. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you enlarge the photo you can see it all quite clearly, right down to the little flower necklaces. Very cute, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and I love the stitchery! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Cute ! Love the little chicks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable!. . . & I think you handled the corners & the wide rick-rack beautifully! (I too, always feel like I'm in a mini wrestling match when dealing with rick-rack & corners!) xo, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow turned out so springy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow is really pretty. You did a fantastic job on it. The ric-rac is difficult to turn the corners, but it seems you did an excellent job of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is adorable. what is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  9. never mind. I clicked on the linked and see where to get the pattern. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, love your St Patricks quilt and your pillow is so cute. You have been real busy. thinking of you. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un coixí molt bonic. fantàstic !!
    Petons i bon cap de setmana.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet! I like the large rick rack border on the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet little pillow and I love the touch of the ric-rac too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!! It's a perfect sweet little pillow for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's adorable, Karen. Love the jumbo rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chicks are adorable. That reminds me of another pattern I have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These chicks are so cute! Love the patterns from this designer. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute.
    I adore daffodils and can't wait to see them in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet! those chicks! What a lovely pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! Just in time for spring! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete