QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, April 15, 2013

QUILT PROJECT UPDATES

Hurray!  I am feeling better.  Still not 100% feel good.  More like 90%.  I have felt like stitching and would like to share pictures with you.

First is a block called "Hospitality".  It is the third block for "Sweet and Simple".
The second block is number four also for the same quilt project.  It is called "House Divided".

I also stitched on two blocks for "Lady's Garden Club and Sewing Circle".  They are from a pattern in Linda Brannock's book called "Cotton and Wool - Miss Jump's Farewell".  There are to be three more lady blocks, some piecing and then hollyhock applique added.

I have more to share with you but need to move a flower further down into a block.  I got it too close to the seam line which I discovered upon trimming the block to size.

We had a ton of rain here yesterday.  I am not complaining as we needed it very much.  The pool overflowed and the lake behind us is fuller than it should be but not a problem.  The sun is out and should be a nice day today.

Happy Stitching to you!
Karen

25 comments:

  1. cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are starting to feel better! It is still cold and windy here! Our morning walk had me wearing my "puffy" coat and woolen hat!! The wind sweeps across the ocean and is really icey...stay warm and enjoy stitching...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better! Your blocks look wonderful as always. I used to have that book'Cottons and Wool'. I supposed I should check the book closet and see if I still do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your garden ladies. Miss Jump is a favorite of mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better.

    Lovely blocks , I really love the garden gals Very Cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are lovely, I love the 3-colour effect in the pineapple. I hope your cold continues to improve...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been very busy! I especially like the House Divided. Glad you're feeling better. Just think of all the May flowers that your APril showers should bring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful new applique pieces. I am still in love with your banner quilt, love the two tone homespuns and thinking that would make a nice bed quilt for the summer, but no chickens, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better! Love that pineapple block esp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have moved to 90%--that is close to "all better"!
    All of the blocks look great, of course, but I really love the "house divided" block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those Miss Jump's blocks- such cute little garden gals! You do really nice applique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! Love the blocks. Hope you are at 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. madre mía!!! preciosos trabajos
    pienso que ya estas recuperada
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of really sweet blocks. I really like the House Divided block.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are feeling better and stitching! Send some of that rain our way, please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're feeling much better. Cute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear that you are up and about again. You have done a great job with those little ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I guess you do feel better. Look at all the wonderful blocks you have created. I just love that Pineapple one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uns blogs molt bonics. Et quedarà un treball precios.
    Petons de Mª Alba

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you are feeling better, Karen. Your recent finishes are great - I have always loved those garden ladies in Linda Brannock's books.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you are feeling better! Love all of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you are feeling so much better. I think I have it now...LOL All your projects are wonderful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful blocks.
    Love pineapple blocks.
    and of course I ADORE the Lincoln block.
    glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete