QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SALLY POST BLOCKS 10, 11, AND 12

I just finished up my April Sally Post Floral quilt blocks.  I am now 1/3 of the way done.  Twenty-four more to applique.  I like the sound of 1/3 done better than 24 more to stitch even though comes out the same.
I still have not settled on a sashing fabric to use with the blocks.  I wish I could find it at the local quilt shops but no such luck.  And it is difficult to determine looking online if the fabric I am selecting will actually be what I want when it arrives.  The last I ordered was not.

I just pulled out another UFO that has been lingering and am going to work on it this evening.  I should be working on another block of the month project but I feel this UFO will not take a lot of time.  It is a summer quilt and summer is just around the corner.  Those of you with snow may not feel that way.  Here in Florida, we do.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. These are such fresh, pretty blocks, Karen. I agree--1/3 finished sounds so much better! : )
    I do not like shopping for specific colors online. So hard to get the right thing. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks, Karen. So pretty and I love your way you are looking at the finish line!

    Happy stitching!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great Karen! I just finished mine too......I haven't found my sashing fabric either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, no summer thoughts here yet. It is 37 tonight... brrr! But 95% of the snow is gone from my yard now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really beautiful blocks, love the colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh is the perfect word for these. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your appliqué blocks are perfect. You're doing great. I'm still at the starting line with great intentions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You reminded me that I need to post my April blocks. I went out of sequence, but I'm liking yours a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blocks, good looking, success with the search! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are lovely, love the colours.
    I look forward to seeing the next 24.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look good! Keep it up girlie! Sounds like you to need to road trip to a big show sometime soon to find the perfect fabric for those sashings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your cup half full approach! And I agree that it is so hard to order online if you have not seen the fabric in person. Here in AZ summer is only a few weeks away! 90's are our norm now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ja et queda menys per acabar. Et quedarà molt bonic. M'agrada la combinació dels colors.
    Petons Mª Alba

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are lovely. I'm slowly working on mine. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy looking at your sally post progress! Great job being 1/3 the through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. me gustan están todos maravillosos!!!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1/3 does sound better. your blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love these blocks Karen!! I agree, ordering on line when looking for a specific color never works. I hope you are able to find something locally.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all but my favorite is the middle, it looks like a daisy! Have fun working on your UFO! Hugs, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete