QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SNOWMEN UPDATE PLUS MORE

I finally finished another row for the snowman quilt.  I do see that I need to add a touch of embroidery to the church steps.
I casually placed the first row above for a look see.
And I notice one row is longer than the other.  The snow fits on the lower row and the snow is a bit short on the top row....yet the top row is the one that is shorter.  So, I am going to have to do some adjusting.  The pattern pieces for the snow were hard to work with.  They were in sections that needed to be added to each other.  I must have added something wrong to one of these rows.  One row takes a lot of stitching time.  It is like doing three or four applique blocks.

I prepped all the blocks for "Folk Art Tribute" which was a free pattern by Dawn Heese a couple years ago.  It is no longer free but is available for sale.



And a view of all together.
I have one more block this size to stitch and then the large blocks.

We have been busy doing things with our company.  We have visited three antique shops.  I forgot my camera for the first shop and there were interesting items I would have liked to photograph.  The second shop had a Singer treadle sewing machine.  I should have taken a picture of the cradle from the front side of it.
There is no room for a treadle machine at my house and I thought the price was a bit high.  The third antique mall had a sign on the entrance saying no photography either by camera or cell phone.  I have never seen an antique shop that would not allow photography.  What if you saw an item that might interest a friend.  How could you show it to them?

Well, time to get back to stitching.  Our guests are out for the day.  We opted for a quiet time since my husband has a cold.
Karen


32 comments:

  1. I love your Snowman quilt. You are doing a great job using stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun snowman quilt! I love it--if I did applique, this is a pattern that would go on my list. : )
    Beautiful blocks. Love your choices of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman quilt is looking excellent! Hopefully the adjustment will be a simple one. Maybe the antique store wants to be sure interested parties come into the store where other things might interest them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking so pretty and I really love the hand square so much :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work Karen. The snowman is so beautyful.

    Heleni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love those snowman. Heck, all your appliqué! I've been admiring one of your pieces in my home today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your row quilt, all your appliqué blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your projects, Karen. Hey, on the short snow, could you just add another drift superimposed on the end?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is coming along beautifully, that is a fun pattern. I got that in the last store, some our her antiques so she doesn't mind, but there are also hand mades by artists and they are afraid people might steal the ideas, so no photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. your row quilt is just so sweet. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The appliqué is wonderful! I love those snowmen rows.

    I'm trying to think what the reason would be to not allow photography in an antique shop. I've not heard of that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Folk Art Tribute blocks look great. I like the fabric you have chosen to use especially on the moon and stars block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uns treballs molt bonics.
    El paisatge d'hivern es perfecte.
    I el treball que tens a mitges es molt divertit.
    Molts petons !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your snowman quilt is turning out! Those folk art blocks are beautiful too!
    Enjoy your company - hope hubby beats that cold quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saved Folk Art Tribute but haven't gotten around to making it. I like your version.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your snowmen are looking so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your snowy row! That does look like a lot of applique.
    I've been known to take photos even when I am told not to! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Folk Art blocks. Can't wait to see the larger ones you mentioned. I haven't started my snowman quilt yet so thanks for the tips about the snow appliques. I'll watch out for sizes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your snowman quilt is going to be amazing and your folk art blocks are lovely ! Hope your hubby is feeling better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Snowman quilt is really looking great! And your other blocks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your progress. What a cute quilt! And I love the folk art blocks too. I think I have that pattern stashed somewhere... lol. Hope your hubby feels better, and hope you don't catch a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My friend is doing the same quilt. I haven't seen hers yet, but seeing yours makes me want one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the folk art blocks. I'm sorry one of the snowmen blocks is short, I hope you can work it out without too much hassle, would hate to hear you have to do it over!!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your snowmen rows are beautiful. I just purchased the pattern but haven't started it yet. Love the tribute blocks. I think I have the patterns saved to my computer. Hope hubby feels better soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Snowman quilt is just yummidy so far! Can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh the detail... My deer would not look like animals I promise you.... This one is a keeper...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your snowmen rows are so great! I like all you blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karen, what pattern is that Snowmen from??? Love the appliqued rows! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just saw your snowman quilt rows and they are SOO cute. Nice applique and sewing all around!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely snowman quilt, is this a pattern or one you have designed? I really like the roosters in your header as well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are such a prolific quilter! When I grow up I want to be just like you! I so admire your work. Thank you! The quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your folk art quilt and the photo of the antiques is wonderful wish I could see it in person and have it in my house :)

    ReplyDelete