QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BLOCKS WHENEVER

Not really block of the month projects.  More like a block whenever I feel like it.  I made two more blocks for "Sweet and Simple".  The first one is "Pear Tree".

The second block is "Bird's of a Feather".

Then I made the center block for Lori And Randy's medallion "sow-along".
I changed the vase handles just slightly to accommodate the needle turn applique method.  And I added a wing to the bird.  I like to use a stripe or zig-zag design for the wing.  I am ready for the part two instructions which will be pieced blocks.

I am stitching on a log cabin house block that I have put off making because it looked a bit challenging.  I hope to finish it today or tomorrow.  That's my update for today.  Back to the sewing room.

Karen

25 comments:

  1. Great projects. Love the stripy wing - a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the background fabric you used for Randy & Lori's sew-along. Wonderful! All your applique blocks look very fun.:) Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blocks - especially the pear tree! Your work is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Et quedarà un "Sweet and Simple" molt bonic.
    Una abraçada des de Catalunya, nosaltres aquí ja disfrutem de la primavera, vosaltres també ?
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful blocks and I really like the birds of the feather, nice with the stitchery.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it amazing how much applique you get done! My favorite block is "Birds of a Feather." Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! This would take me all week...or more!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks, I like your choice in background for the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your progress is fun to see. I love the little pear tree, but then I always like pears. The red zig-zag wing is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Blocks!
    Wishing you great success on that log cabin house block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. precisos bloques !!!!! el bloque pera me gusta
    y el ala del pájaro con el zig-zag
    en mi ciudad se llama (tripa de pollo)a mi me gusta muchísimo y la utilizo con frecuencia en mis trabajos
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all beautiful blocks, but the pear tree block is definitely my fav. And I like your approach--"blocks whenever." At my house they would be called "blocks never."

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blocks are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your applique blocks! The background fabric for your medallion is awesome Karen! Love your basket fabrci too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blocks! I really like the birds of a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the title of your post..blocks whenever. Things get done when things get done. A good philosophy. It keeps the pressure low.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful.
    Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely blocks! Mine would be called 'blocks at the last minute'...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They al turned out great!
    That's a great saying. I think my Sweet and SImple project is blocks whenever too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your blocks and your "blocks whenever I feel like it" attitude :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your blocks. I just posted a picture of my Medallion Center block. Can't wait till tuesday to get the next round. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the birds you have going on - sweet little ones on the brances and I love the red winged black bird - great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete