QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FOLK ART TRIBUTE COMPLETE

My "Folk Art Tribute" quilt finally has the binding done.  Mary from Quilt Hollow worked her magic with the quilting.  I trusted her to pick an all-over type design.  I am very pleased with the result.  I have had the quilt back for a few weeks but put off doing the binding.  I don't mind doing binding.  It is just that applique is so much more interesting.
"Folk Art Tribute" was a set of free patterns from Dawn Heese.  I think my favorite block is the tall, tall basket block.  The pineapple a close second.  Easy stitching.  A nice size quilt to cover up with.  The block patterns are no longer free but you can purchase a pattern here.  I just very recently purchased a copy of her new book "Inspired".  It has some wonderful quilt patterns.
Time for me to head to the sewing room.  Since you can't join me there, I hope you are going to spend time in your sewing room today.
Karen

28 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think the little grey lamb is my favorite block. Beautiful finish.
I'm going to head to my sewing room now! : )

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful quilt! Isn't it a relief when a binding is finished?

Maria Alba said...

Un treball molt bonic. Miraré de trobar el llibre a Barcelona.
Petons

Nancy said...

Great quilt..Makes me wish I had finished mine..

Darlene said...

Fabulous finish, Karen!

Loris said...

Fun! I love that long basket and the one at the bottom. Yes, it does look like it would be nice to cover up with :-)
Have a great day! I get to sew today too. Yea!

Kindred Quilts said...

Lovely applique as usual Karen. I'm a moon and stars person, so that's my favorite block!

Jeanna said...

Really pretty quilt. I love the pineapple and I hope to have a something quilted by Mary one day. Her worked is awesome. I'll be sewing tonight!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a beautiful finish Karen!
I too really love that long basket block. They are all wonderful designs.

cucki said...

So beautiful x

Sue said...

Just Gorgeous Karen ! That basket is my favorite ;-)

WoolenSails said...

That looks wonderful with the quilting. I like to bind, relaxing to stitch while I watch tv.

Debbie

julieQ said...

What a very pretty finish...love that tall basket block!

Lori said...

How exciting to have a completed quilt! And a very beautiful one at that!!

Karen said...

So glad it's done - it's so cute. And that book looks very interesting. Love the quilts on the front.

Pat said...

Great quilt! Thanks for the heads up on "Inspired"

belarmina said...

preciosos!!! me gusta la cesta es realmente bonita,pero la luna...............me rechifla
saludos

María Elena said...

Karen, great work, congratulations! Mine is incomplete, is saved from last year.

Carrie P. said...

it turned out great. maybe one day I will get mine done.

Gayle said...

Your quilt looks great! I have my top all done - even the borders are on it - now I just need to get it quilted - sigh!

audrey said...

I really love the center block! It all looks wonderful.:)

Quilt Hollow said...

It's a beauty...glad I was able to see it up close and personal! Your appliqué is simply perfection!

Cheryl said...

I agree...love the tall flower bucket! Her book looks interesting.

Yvette said...

How beautiful!
You are so lucky to have Mary as your quilter.

Jo said...

Congrats on a finish! Beautiful, love the pineapple with the vine and star flowers, similar to our Medallion project. Mary did a great job on the quilting!

Kyle said...

How wonderful to have it done. It looks great. I like the little gray sheep! Your fabric choices were perfect.

Purple Pam said...

Absolutely darling quilt. It is wonderful to finish a binding. I have a few big quilts that need binding but I cannot seem to get up enough ambition to do the bindings.

MARCIE said...

Beautiful quilt! Love your work, as always!