QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Sunday, June 30, 2013

SALLY POST BLOCKS FOR JUNE

I made it!  The three Sally Post quilt blocks for June are done.
The block with the yellow flower was not the easiest to stitch because of the thin petals.  I did not look forward to that part of the block.  I cut the flower shape in one piece and just stitched slowly.  I can't say that it is my best work but will do.

A third try to order sashing fabric online and this is what I have ended up with. A medium reproduction pink.  The first pink I ordered ended up to be too strong of a pink.  The second way too light.  I am going with the third one.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Karen

17 comments:

  1. They look great Karen! I could not get those petals rounded so I ended up cutting 1/4" strips and turning the ends under! I like your sashing fabric. It's one of the fabrics I'm using in my quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a mi me gustan!!! los veo preciosos
    y una idea genial coser la flor de una vez
    buena semana
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great ! Congrats on finishing all 3 of them this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you did a beautiful job to me, love how they look.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. You do beautiful work. Also your Noah's Ark quilt from a few posts ago is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors! I just haven't felt creative for quite some time now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Love your blocks and I think third time is a charm on the pink fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks! Well done on that spikey yellow flower!

    I love your sashing fabric. I think I have some of it here that I have been using on my Trailing Vines leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Third time is a charm! Your sashing works great with those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karen I LOVE these blocks!! The pink is fabulous!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another month of fantastic blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on meeting the goal. I am loving the Sally Post blocks. Nice that you finally found an acceptable pink. It is such a challenge to choose colors via the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some of that red you used for background and that is a lovely color. Great choice for your sashing too! Love that chunky applique block. Very special looking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are great blocks Karen. I specially like the yellow one. The petals in that are so thin it must have been difficult to cut out even before you got to the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blocks are beautiful... love he one with the yellow flower !
    I also want to make this one, but first I will start with the LE from Esther Aliu.

    ReplyDelete