QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

SEW-ALONG PART THREE

I have the third part done of the sew-along with Lori and Randy.  My placement of color is slightly different than the instructions given.  I made four blocks with all gold pieces in the center.  I did not like those.  I played on Electric Quilt for a while with placement of the red, blue, and tan colors within the block and finally settled on what you see.
I just spotted a piece I have turned the wrong direction.  Here comes the seam ripper!

Update:
I found a second block with a part turned the wrong way.  Several commentors said they could not find the error.  The first one is in the top row 2nd block from the left.  The second is on the right side.  Count down five blocks.  I just finished un-sewing and turning parts the correct way.  Here is the new photo.


Karen

25 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm not seeing the "wrong" block, but my eyes aren't what they used to be! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. Your fabric choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I absolutely cannot find a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I love it!! Pretty, pretty!! Looks patriotic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful! Very patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot Karen! Pinwheels make me happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I like your patriotic fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, when you mention a misplaced block I have to see if I can detect it. It wasn't easy!
    Wonderful job, Karen. I love this in R/W/B!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful piece, love the fabrics.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fabrics, playing with the colors paid off :0) They look like 3D pinwheels. Also like the addition of the bird's wing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's lovely Karen. The colours are great and I love how the border looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful piece Karen. And I don't see a piece turned wrong! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I love that second pieced border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheer perfection...and I expect nothing less!! haha
    Have a wonderful day!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fabric choices are perfect! I've never tried a pieced border so that will go on my list.

    There are days I do more UNsewing than sewing...I guess it comes with the craft :)

    http://slamminthescreendoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love your color arrangement.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is looking good! Love that bird :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great color choices. Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your turned block adds great interest.
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops! I was about to say I couldn't find it! I think you would be fine to leave it! It can be a conversation piece! What a cute quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great work. I haven't gotten beyond the center appliqué block.

    ReplyDelete