QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MARATHON STITCHING

I feel like I have been on a marathon stitching race.  I am a year behind on the Chester Criswell quilt blocks. It has been presented as a block of the month in PDF form by Sharon at Two Bits Patches.  You can see the  quilt and get pattern information here. The first pattern is free.   Sharon is in Australia but the nice thing is that you can use Pay Pal to make payment and that the files come via your e-mail.  You can purchase the first year for $22 Australian.  The second round of patterns will be starting a bit later this summer including the larger center block.  There is a blog with information about the various blocks and you can find it here.  I decided it was time to start on the blocks and play a little catch-up.  Here are the first two blocks.


I am almost done with the third block.  I have several more prepped and ready for stitching.

I finished an applique block with a flower in a pot and two birds.  I need help in identifying the designer.  I evidently put the pattern away as it was not with the prepped block parts.  I have searched through patterns and books and cannot figure out where the pattern came from.

Have you seen the little two inch finished basket block pattern available from Temecula Quilt Co.?  So tiny!  The pattern is free and available here.  I have seen the little basket blocks showing up on blog posts and a challenge within a prim Yahoo group to make some.  The idea was to make one basket block a day for each day in July.  Then there will be two quilt layouts using those blocks.  I tried one block and you can see it below.  I don't think I will continue making them.  I would rather make them a bit larger and be able to use up some fabrics in the scrap basket.

I am heading back to my stitching chair.  Enjoy your day.  I know I am.

Karen

19 comments:

  1. Happy stitching. I wouldn't want to spend too much time on those tiny baskets, but I bet they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are moving right along on the applique! Wonderful work. I esp. love the basket, birds and flower block--very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen! That basket block is so very tiny. I'm not sure I could pull that off but it is a cutie.

    Really love the birdie applique block. Hope someone can help you identify the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that applique of the pot with the birds, but, of course, I have no idea who the designer is.
    Those tiny baskets tempted me, but I am being very strict with myself--NO NEW SALs!! I don't think I could keep up with one-a-day, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've definitely been busy. Good luck on the Criswell quilt. It's a pretty one but you've got a long road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure doesn't take long to get behind in a BOM. But your progress is fantastic. I've looked at those itsy bitsy baskets and I would have to go along with you and make then bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love visiting your blog to see what you are up to in the applique world! The Criswell blocks are lovely! I've been admiring the TQS basket blocks from afar... I like mini's, but those are really small... I may hold off until my September retreat and make a few then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique is just gorgeous! I am making the teeny baskets and enjoying it~ LOL maybe that is why I am called 'crazy'? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know what you mean about those tiny blocks ..... Tempting but I had to pass. Your appliqué is gorgeous. I do love those Criswell blocks. And thx for all of the links!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, Always enjoy catching up with you on her, your pictures are great and love the little basket but do agree it might be a tad too small for me too. Still haven't been able to do anything as Ray has been in hospital for a week and is now home but not progressing as he should.But I am so glad to have him home.Take care my friend. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet like always..you know I love your work so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, love seeing the pictures of the Criswell blocks. You've not a year behind, you're just making them at your own pace.
    Thank you for the link to the blog and website; the website is undergoing maintenance but the blog is always open.

    Sharon
    Two Bits Patches

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love seeing all of your applique. Wish we lived closer together so you could give me a lesson! For now I will stick with wool, and admire yours from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you have joined the Criswell group.. Nice blocks, you will be caught up in no time at all.
    I was tempted by those little baskets but decided I had too much going on at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't recognize the appliqué block but I really like it. One of the ladies here made 1 tiny basket block too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to agree those teenie tiny basket blocks are just too small to deal with .

    I always enjoy watching your progress on your applique :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That basket is a tiny block!
    Love all your projects. One great thing about Prim and Repro is the projects don't really get dated...they are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. such pretty blocks!
    those little basket blocks would be great to hand piece. I have seen them on other blogs too but I am going to pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, so glad to see you have joined in making the Chester Criswell blocks! Love your fabrics. You will be caught up in no time!
    I love the birds on your applique block. Sorry I can't help with where the pattern came from.
    I've seen lots of those little baskets blocks in blogland. I think I have too much going on here to join in! :)

    ReplyDelete