QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SWEET AND SIMPLE UPDATE PLUS MORE

A bit late for June but I finished two more blocks for "Sweet and Simple".  Block seven is "Follow the Sun" and is my favorite of the two I made for June.

Block 8 is called "Garden of Hollyhocks".  A lot of small parts to stitch on this one.

I did the center block for a quilt I found in Primitive Quilts and Projects.  The summer 2013 issue.  The quilt pattern is called "North and South".  I have not done any cutting for the pieced blocks.  The eagle block is a bit darker than I intended but there are some lighter strips coming into the quilt.

And the last block is from the Noah's Ark quilt I have in the works.  I may wait a bit before stitching any more of the animal blocks.  They are going to be easier stitching and would be good to take on vacation.

I have so many projects in progress that it is hard to keep track.  A list would be good and I may do that.  I am in the mood to do some more blocks for "Sweet Land of Liberty" which you can see the top section of the quilt in my header.  I did some prep work for three blocks to add to it.  I think with our 4th of July holiday coming up, I am in the mood for red, white, and blue.

Have a good day and check back for my progress.
Karen


25 comments:

  1. I hadn't noted that the quilt in your header is a partial quilt.
    I love the eagle block. As you know, I've been stuck in R/W/B land for a bit. : )
    But that first block, "Follow the Sun" is a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header is perfect. I get in the mood for red, white and blue in the summer. All of your blocks are sweet. I especially like the first block you showed today. Appliqué is always an easy take along for vacations. Hope you're going some where fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful blocks...I like your header...I have always loved that folk art statue of liberty...

    In stitches,
    Teresa ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have quite a few applique projects going but all wonderfully done and they will be beautiful when finished.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your applique projects! My hollyhocks might be close to blooming~ if the rabbits hadn't eaten them! :-o Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you keep all your projects straight!! I would have to make a list :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Karen! You're getting a lot done. Love your sweet and simple blocks. The hollyhocks remind me of the Miss Jump quilt you made. Another favorite of mine! How you decide what to work on? You have so many projects! (not that I don't)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME applique Karen! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much loveliness going on, Karen. I don't know which I like best but that hollyhock block sure makes my heart sing.

    I don't know how you can keep track of all your different projects. I get stressed out just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! You do have a bunch - keeps you hopping for sure!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Todos los trabajos que nos presentas son perfectos, como todo lo que haces.
    Feliz 4 de julio !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sweet and simple blocks are lovely! I think I am on block 21, but haven't worked on it in ages. I will get back to it though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, you know I love all your projects! Eagles are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are definitely on an applique roll! All great projects - I especially love the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, you have some cute projects going on! Love that bunny...brown bunnies always claim my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your applique' blocks are wonderful! I enjoy seeing the various projects you are working on. You are a GREAT multi-tasker with these projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those Sweet and Simple blocks. I haven't done any in so long because I was trying to finish all my baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a firecracker!! But then it IS the Fourth of July tomorrow!! (couldn't resist!!) Have a good one!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I think of applique I think of your blog and all the wonderful applique eye candy you have to show us! Each and every block is wonderful... love that rabbit from Noah's Ark... Enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blocks. Nice to see someone else who has a huge variety of projects going on. Those Sweet and Simple blocks are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Making good progress on all fronts. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving all your progress! SLOL kit still sits on my shelf, sadly, waiting for me to get to it. Loving yours! And Sweet and Simple. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen, Love all these applique blocks but one that really stands out for me is the little girl and the "Hollyhocks"---WOW!

    Thanks for sharing.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete