QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Monday, August 12, 2013

Blackbird Sampler

After a vacation, it takes me a while to settle down into a stitching routine.  Almost a week this time though I was busy in the sewing room prepping a large applique project.  Once the mood to stitch hit, I made "Blackbird Sampler".  An easy and quick project though it is only to the flimsy stage.
The pattern is from the book "Ladybird, Ladybird" by Jan Patek and Alma Allen.  I had envisioned using a red and tan print for the border to add color to the piece but this leftover black print with crows spoke up and said it wanted to be used.  The sample in the book was made into a framed piece but I chose to make it so that it could be used on the wall, on a table, or in a basket.

I have been gifted some wonderful items the last couple months.  I finally gathered them up from different locations and put them together for a picture.
There are some home made soaps that I have been anxious to try but not until I took a picture.  I should have taken the picture before washing the bundle of plaid fabrics as they were so pretty all tied up nice and neat.  I pre-wash my fabrics so into the washer they went.  Those little tiny pineapple ornaments are so cute and well made.  The charm squares will go with some other Primitive Gatherings fabrics that I got on sale.  I have not decided where to display the small wall hanging yet.  It is oh so me.  And of course, the Jan Patek quilt kit is very much appreciated.  I feel blessed to have such met and made good friends via my quilt blog.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and letting me share with you.
Karen

17 comments:

  1. Looks like some great gifts! Love your little quilt. It's very sweet and the applique is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet new sampler! What's not to love about crows and alphabets :-) Gets me every time.
    Love the clamshell quilting on the gifted wall hanging! Lovely gifts for a lovely quilter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Blackbird Sampler. That crow border looks perfect.
    You have been the recipient of many wonderful gifts. I love that little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blackbird sampler is adorable! Looks like a fun project too :)

    Thanks for sharing your gifties, all very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to make that one too, love doing simple appliques with stitchery. Lots of great goodies and future projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gifts. 'Love the Blackbird Sampler also :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute sampler! Always nice to get home from a holiday, but it does sometimes take a while to get back into "routine". Loved your last post with all the antique quilts - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sampler block is very cute. I can relate to taking a while to settle back into stitching after being away - last time I actually set something out ready to sew for when I came home - worked a treat! And a lovely pile of goodies you have received :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet gifts..love the pretty sampler.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful gifts you received ! Love your Blackbird sampler !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cross stitched alphabet and number in your Blackbird applique! So cute! Nice gifts for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable blackbird sampler! And what nice goodies! Lucky girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sampler looks like the perfect project to get back into the groove with. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Karen! I love your sampler, and your gifties... lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the crow...I'll have to look up that book

    ReplyDelete