QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

THE BEGINNING OF MARY ELLEN'S GARDEN

I finished the applique center for a pattern by Lori Smith called "Mary Ellen's Garden".
If I were to make another with the same fabric, I would probably make some changes in what fabrics I put where, but I am not changing this any further.  I did substitute fabric in two places.  So much going on that it is hard to get the big picture when cutting out little parts.  Most of the fabrics are from a Moda line by Jan Patek called Rites of Spring.  The rest of the quilt will be pieced.  Those parts are not cut out yet.  If you care to take a peek at what the quilt design looks like, here is a link.

I am close to finishing another large applique center for a different pattern and that is what I will be working o this afternoon.  That will make three quilts that will need further work.  I am heading to the stitching chair in just a few minutes.  Check back with me soon.

Karen


27 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Karen, I love Lori's patterns

    ReplyDelete
  2. otro trabajo precioso,
    ¡¡genial!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked that pattern up last year and have been playing with the idea of increasing the size. My mind gets a bit fuzzy when I think about it so I know that I'm not ready yet.
    I am working on Lori's Jacqueline's album quilt and I increased the size of that one to 10.5 blocks. I think it's a better plan for a newbie like me, plus I end up with a pretty large quilt! LOL! I just love her designs and your work on it just makes it even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Karen ! I think the fabrics are just perfect that you chose !!! LOVE IT !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love it - Lori has some beautiful patterns doesn't she? I also love your Birdsong from the previous post - congratulations on a flimsy finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your appliqué is beautiful. There are always changes I'd make if I were to make a quilt or project over. Your choices look perfect from here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart...love this and the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work!!!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love the fabrics...very fallish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure how you are so productive!! I checked out the pattern - wonderful . Looking forward to seeing what fabrics you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, just stoppin by...oh my gosh love the header and the quilts you are appliquing are Awesome!! (as usual) You have some of the most interesting finds....Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your work Karen, would love to stay that busy.Have a great weekend, Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought that pattern ages ago and it's still in my to do bundle. I would like to do the appliqué but I doubt I'll make the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice, wow, three appliques on the go, can't wait to see your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful block! I look forward to seeing the pieced blocks now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Un treball molt bonic. Les aplicacions son molt boniques i molt ben fetes.
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this, Karen! Nice applique and nice choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful center. I love your fabric choices. Look forward to seeing the piecing as you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous applique Karen. Do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your center block! Lori's patterns are all great--this one is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete