QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Friday, September 6, 2013

UPDATE ON TWO PROJECTS

I pieced all the blocks that surround the applique block for Mary Ellen's Garden.  All put together and ready for the pieced triangles for the border.

I did some of the animal applique blocks for the Noah's Ark quilt while we were on vacation.  I just never shared the pictures.  Some of the animals are not what we think of as having been on the Ark.  The patterns are by Country Threads.
The Alligator

Mountain Goat

Lizard

Camel

Hippopatmus

Polar Bear

Elephant

Rabbit (I think I have shown this one on a previous post.)

I have lots of stitching to do.  Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Karen









18 comments:

  1. Mary Ellen's Garden looks wonderful! That was fast, my friend.
    Hope there were lots of cages on the ark--but I guess they all had to be in there somewhere. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are tempting me!!! I just love how ME's Garden is progressing. Cannot wait to see the HST border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute, cute animals for Noah's Ark!!! And I love the blocks for Mary Ellen's garden!! Highlights your appliques just beautifully!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks around the center!
    LOVE the ark animals. We have a wooden carved ark DH made and he's on a second, so maybe I should do an ark quilt...a thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in LOVE with your Mary Ellen's Quilt can't wait to see the border. You sure pieced this fast ;-) The animals are so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mary Ellen's Garden is absolutely wonderful. I love the colors and the placement and the movement. Can you tell I think it's just about perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how that block looks with the surrounding blocks, that is gorgeous. The noah's ark is going to be wonderful, love the animals you have done so far.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was fast. Maybe I should get the pattern out after all. Your's is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous! The animals for the Ark are cute, the lizard and the plaid hippo, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, admit it - you have invented a machine that pieces for you - honestly, I've never seen anyone get so much done! You need to give me motivation lessons, girl. LOVE the Garden quilt, it looks absolutely fantastic surrounded by all those blocks. And those animals - *swoon*!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MEG is really nice! And I love the animals, especially the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Mary Ellen's Garden!!! What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Noah's ark blocks your applique looks perfect, can you tell me who's pattern that is?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got the surrounding blocks sewn so quickly! The animal appliques are so cute! That's going to be a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the puss in the corner blocks look wonderful with your applique.
    what fun animals!

    ReplyDelete