QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, October 25, 2013

HOME FROM VACATION

We arrived home earlier this evening from a trip north to Ohio to visit friends and family and to experience a real fall.  The weather turned quite cold and I can say that I am glad to be back home to warmer weather.  It was about 78 degrees when we pulled into our driveway.

One of the really good things that happened on the trip was that my husband was very agreeable into making a side trip on the way home.  In North Carolina, we headed off to the east so I could meet my very good blogging friend, Mary of Quilt Hollow.  We finally met in person after so many e-mails back and forth over a long period of time.  What a treat to meet her and her husband and spend a very enjoyable evening together.  Just wish it could have been longer!  Another time if we can work it out.

I want to share a few antique quilt pictures with you that were taken in the AAA I-76 Antique Mall in Ravenna, Ohio.
I spotted this applique quilt and was sorely tempted to bring it home.  I think the price was $145 or very close to that.  It has some damage in three areas that I could see but it is minimal and does not detract from the beauty of the red and green applique.  I left it hanging there for someone else to purchase and enjoy.
I liked this red and white quilt too.  I do not remember the price but it was reasonable.
A nice pink and white applique quilt.  I wonder if it was red and white at one time.
And an antique sampler that was $98 or $99 dollars.  Again I was tempted but did not purchase.

I was disappointed to find the Riverfront Antique Mall in New Philadelphia, Ohio no longer exists.  It was always a good place to find things I like.  I did a search and the one in Statesville, NC is no longer open either.

I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on and am looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to.
Karen

23 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip and so nice to meet Mary in person.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a fun trip!! It is always a treat to meet blogging friends in person!!

    The antique quilts are real beauties! I, too wonder if the pink one was red? But I do think there were a lot of pink fabrics, too? I'm not an expert by any means!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got to experience some fall! It is FREEZING here and so windy tonight. Kind of a brief view of winter coming. Next time, come on up a little further to Wisconsin! I will take you to all the local haunts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had read on Mary's blog about you meeting up. That is great! I love meeting bloggers!
    Those are good prices on those textiles. I think I would have been very tempted by that sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. que bonito viaje , conocer las amigas blogueras es algo que me gusta mucho,
    las fotos de edredones son preciosas,
    buen fin d semana
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun stop--both to see your friend and also to check out the antique quilts. Love that green/red applique one! That stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home.
    Great antique quilts - Is that the big red bard looking building off I76?
    I always want to stop when we take my daughter to Miami U in oxford ohio

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun for you and Mary to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun--- and you got to meet a blogging friend! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun trip! Very pretty quilts. Hope coming through my Virginia gave you some fun and pretty views as well! Meeting up with Mary had to have been the icing on your trip!;-)
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss you already! I really wanted to have more days together to take you to the primitive antique mall near me. Next time you both stay in my new home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home! How nice to finally meet with Mary.
    Lovely quilts you spotted!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always nice to meet blog friends in person. Thanks for sharing all the antique quilts. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation... how special to spend time with Mary as well!
    You have a lot of will power to walk away from those antique quilts and the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its always fun to go and nice to be home. How special to meet Mary of Quilt Hollow. You have alot of will power leaving everything behind. What did you bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a good time and got to meet Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome home. Glad you enjoyed some real fall weather. Looks like you left some lovely treasures behind for some else to find. How fun to meet a blog friend in real person. Sounds like a perfect trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the antique quilt pics.I especially love two color quilts. I just saw a peak of your quilt that Quilt Hollow quilted. Can't wait to see the whole quilt. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,
    You were in our old stomping grounds in Ravenna! Must say I miss all the shopping in Ohio/PA.
    Love your Vintage Christmas quilt. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home Karen!

    I told Mary that I am so jealous! I mentioned how we missed each other at the LQS...but I'm not giving up.

    Glad you got to meet Mary and so happy to hear you have a treasure quilted by her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home, Karen!

    I'm so envious that you got to meet Mary. She's one of the best!

    I would have picked up that sampler in a heart beat. Up here you can't find them under $1000. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  23. that is so neat that you got to meet Mary. I actually don't live to far from her.
    Those quilts are great. Glad you mentioned the Statesville store not being open any more. I liked that one too.

    ReplyDelete