QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Autumn Harvest

I just finished the second part of My Country Seasons.  This is the Autumn Harvest section.  A scarecrow, pumpkins, corn stalks and lots more.
This block involved lots of thinking as some parts had to be stitched to the light background, then other sections added to create the additional pieced background.  I forgot to sew the sunflower leaves down before the stem so I had to pull out stitches and slide them under.  I like the final result.

In my previous post, I mentioned that Carol from Brown Quilts had some of the pattern booklets for sale from when she had her quilt shop.  I understand that they all sold but she also has some of the "My Country Week" booklets which is a very similar design.  And a bargain price.  Here is what the design looks like.
Contact Carol if you are interested.  I don't think Indygo Junction has these patterns any longer.

I am going to be working on the spring section of the quilt next.
Karen

17 comments:

  1. Oh my that is just fantastic-love it-the sunflower, the fence all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful applique and this one is so fun. I forgot to mention it on the group, so much to catch up on lately.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Autumn block, but then I LOVED the winter one. We'll have to see how I feel about the Spring block, but Winter and Fall are favs of mine. Beautiful job, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love the blocks so much ..so cute..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Winter block but this one is awfully nice too...this quilt is going to be spectacular!! You go girl!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE this! So Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And I love your choice of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like...but winter one favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to watch you work. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, there are sooo many pieces to this one. I love it though. You do amazing applique Karen. I'm going to give it a try next year...one of my goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, Karen! That is one great pattern that you are making! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog through another blog. What a wonderful quilt block. Sounds like it was challenging but it turned out great! Looking forward to seeing more. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Un bloc perfecte !!!
    Bon cap de setmana

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! This quilt has a lot of cute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen this one before, but it is darling!

    ReplyDelete