QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Tiptoe Through the Tulips.  Sounds like the start of a Tiny Tim tune.  Instead, it is the name of a quilt pattern I am using to make an applique quilt.  And great fun, there are four of us working on the same quilt design.  Myself, Lori, Jill (no blog), and Janet (no blog).  I am sharing a picture of the center section of this medallion style quilt.  I still have some flowers to add to the four sides but I have been busy making Christmas gifts.  I will catch up this month.
I am also sharing a picture of the portion that Janet has completed.
Lori will be doing a post and also sharing Jill's center.  I like Janet's big red star with the smaller gold one inside.  I will be using lots of pinks, blues, and browns for my quilt.  Stop by later to see Lori's post.  And if you are interested in the quilt pattern, it can be found here.

Back to my Christmasgift  stitching.

Karen

17 comments:

  1. se adivina otro gran trabajo!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got mine posted! What great medallion centers, regardless of how we add to it! Nice work Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your centers look great so far! So fun to see 4 different interpretations of the same quilt - it wil be fun to watch all of them progress :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really nice and beautiful applique work. I just did some prim ones and I actually did a nice job, so I just have to take my time and think about what i am doing;) Today I was finishing off the binding on my mat and my machine is making nests so got out the new one and it was easy to set up and got the binding on.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun for all of to follow everyone's progress. It looks like a great beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous quilt! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see different creative versions of the same inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project Karen. I'll be watching everyone's progress.

    Hope you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like seeing how each one of you are interpreting this quilt. What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to have 4 friends nake the quilt together. It will be wonderful to watch how everyone's version grows differently.
    Love your fabric choices.

    Also love that turkey in your header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool quilt and I look forward to seeing all the different versions of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its I e to see my blog friends play together. Enjoy your stitching...beats moving. Wink

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great pattern and it will be fun to watch all four different interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and fun to see.
    Woolie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting, looking forward to see where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  16. am receiving the pattern pieces for this lovely quilt to go in my "someday" pile.....will be fun to watch yours bloom

    ReplyDelete