QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Winter Chill

I got busy and stitched a section of "My Country Seasons" quilt that I have been prepping for a number of days.  I chose what I considered the easiest section which is "Winter Chill".  I like prim style quilts with people on them and this design so makes me happy. I used a combination of wool and cotton for the applique pieces.
The feet and hands, the trees, the berries, and hat parts are done from wool.  I like mixing  wool and cotton fabrics.

I showed the pattern in my previous post.  Carol from Brown Quilts blog used to have a prim style quilt shop.  She still has a few copies of this pattern booklet available and will sell you one at a bargain price.  Just e-mail her for details if you are interested.  Just pop over to her blog by clicking on the link above.  Then scroll down.  On the left side is a button to e-mail her.  All are sold. 

I am going to sit down and start another section of the quilt.

Karen

27 comments:

  1. Your block is so perfect for the Holiday Season.
    Starting new projects is like a disease for me, I have to work hard at staying focused, I miss out on getting anything finished if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it looks like a happy block too!
    Love the wool and cotton together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block... it is so happy! The bells are my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this Karen. Is there a quilt shop between us that offers a nice selection of wool? Where do you find yours?

    I may add this one to my list for next year.

    Now...off to Carol's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun block. You always do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen

    I love this block! How fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be so fun to work on, wish I had more time so I could do some things just for fun, maybe after I get the obligation projects done first;)

    I got my package today, thank you so much and I might just see if I can put the nativity together and work on that one for a fun project for me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always keeping busy you are. :) I haven't done too much of my own quilting lately but I have some ideas I want to get started on. Everything as always looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be still my heart!!!! Love this one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking lovely - the colours are really nice

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Reminds me of my youth! This is on my to do list. I may make 4 pillows, one for each season. Love that you combined cottons and wools.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola !!! me gusta este nuevo proyecto, es fantástico.
    El edredón de cabecera genial
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the people in this one too! I have never worked with wool want to at least try a table runner in my life time. I really like the idea of combining wool with cottons. Great start and should put you in a festive mood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had to enlarge the photo and get a good look. Just makes me smile. Beautiful work, and it is such a fun block!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great block. No Winter chill in Florida, I bet. But a good reminder for you. And perfect for the season. Can't wait to see your next block!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now those little people playing in the snow is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, as always. When you use the wool, is the piece washable? I haven't used wool before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great block. Love the snowman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello new friend
    What a beautiful quilt block I love wool.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
    I love new friends.
    Woolie Blessings
    Granny Trace

    ReplyDelete
  21. me gusta, es muy simpático!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  22. World Most popular Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete