QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, December 30, 2013

Early Or Late

I don't know if I am early for Christmas 2014 or late for Christmas 2013.  I finished a small wall quilt yesterday that I thought I might get done before Christmas.  But it got set in a pile of other projects and forgotten about.  I found it while rummaging and worked on doing the stitching and machine quilting for a finished project.
The pattern I used is called "Hang the Stockings" and the designer is JoAnn Mullaly.  Wool on cotton applique.  An easy project to do.  I found the background fabric at The Woolen Willow while on vacation in October.  It has such a primitive look.  I wish I had purchased more but if you remember the stash I have in the sewing room, you would tell me to use up fabrics on the shelf instead of wishing for more to add.

While rummaging, I found another small quilt in the works that I had forgotten about.  I think I will start the wool applique this evening.  All this finding projects has made me think it is time to straighten the sewing room, dig through crates and see what other quilt projects need attention.

Karen

21 comments:

  1. What a fun wall hanging and I LOVE that background fabric!! I bet you unearth some great projects, wish I was closer to help.... vbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find real treasures when you rummage Karen. I love the latest and think you should consider it EARLY.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the other prim stocking with saying, love the look of these and the simplicity.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Can't wait to see what else you find 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm finding forgotten projects, too. Definitely time to clean and organize. Again. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely early for 2014. Your going to have a lovely huge stack of finished quilts if you keeping finding all these hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to think of my projects as being ahead of the holiday. Makes me feel better.
    I could dig all day in my sewing room and not unearth anything this cute. You seem to find the best stuff. I look forward to seeing what else you discover--and like Lori, wish I could come enjoy the process of discovery with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stockings, you always have interesting things going on. Wishing for you a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guapísimo !!!
    En España llegas muy a tiempo, nuestra fiesta de los niños el día 5 de enero en la noche se ponen las zapatillas y en la madrugada del 6
    llegan los Reyes Magos con sus regalos.
    Como Lori, ojala estuviera cerca para ayudar a encontrar tus tesoros
    Feliz 2014
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! I say you are early for 2014. I keep trying to whittle at my on going projects and continue to use up my stash. I have been in the mood to do some piecing, I really should take advantage of it! Love the stocking project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always an optimist... I say it's an early finish for Christmas 2014! :-) Congrats on finishing existing UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's absolutely adorable. Good find and good finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable, as are all your projects. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute stockings project, it looks so fun! You find wonderful projects in your bins, I wish some would show up in mine. I have another wedding quilt to make and a baby quilt to finish before I can work much on my own projects. I will finish my Christmas 101 soon though. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect! You have a great head start on next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finish and will be so enjoyable for Christmas 2014

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a head start on next year. Love it....I've never heard of that designer. I am starting a Christmas BOM with a girlfriend this week. We are hoping to motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAppy New Year! I'd say you made a great start on Christmas 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!! And since you posted guess you know we BOTH have the same interest!!! Gotta luv primitives!

    Happy new year.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete