QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Handmade Gift Exchange Items

I have participated in a handmade gift exchange.  A fun thing to do.  The package should have been delivered today so I am going to share pictures of what I made.  My person likes snowmen so I went with a snowman theme.
I will share close-ups of the different items.  First is a small wall hanging with a log cabin, snowman and mittens.  It is wool on cotton with some embroidery.  I used an Art To Heart pattern.
The main item for the exchange was to be a mug rug/candle mat.  My inspiration came from a couple sources.  I saw a snowman design done in wool pieces sort of crazy quilt style.  I pieced together some small wool chunks and drew my own snowman.  Combined it with a pieced block that has a snowflake look when done in tan and white.  It is about 10 inches by 15 inches.
Next is a snowman with a snowflake belly.  You can find a pattern at Cotton Wood Creations if you would like to make one.  Mine is a variation of that design.
A wool snowman ornament.
I forgot to take an individual photo of the stocking. I used a Jan Patek pattern for making it.   I wanted to use the stocking instead of wrapping paper but I did not have a mailing box that would accommodate a stuffed stocking .  So, it was just added to the box separately.  I also had a fat quarter of snowman fabric that is very prim style that I added to the package.

I am working on gift items that I can't share yet.  Having loads of fun doing it.
Karen

37 comments:

  1. Such cute items, you are so creative. Love the candle mat, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet exchange! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love any one of the items you creatively and lovingly made. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and everyone are so cute. The person that receives them should certainly feel lucky to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Karen! Any ONE of those projects is an amazing MAIN gift. I'm sure the person receiving your beautiful gifts is going to be over-the-top happy. Can't wait to see what you receive...this sounds like a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shivers! I love your swap gifts....especially the mug rug...that snowman looks super cheeky! Lucky person who receives these gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,
    You really outdid yourself, I love all the things you made. She is going to love them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your recipient is so fortunate to receive these lovely items. I am sure she will be pleased. They are all cute but the mug rug is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely exchange.
    It is fun To make gifts for others. Looking forward to seeing what else you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I love the new header quilt!
    What a stellar gift package for any snowman lover! You have been most generous and creative. I especially love the little wall hanging and the patchwork wool snowman. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute items, your receiver will be thrilled to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great snowmen. Love the patchwork one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, all of the items are really pretty. You are an excellent seamstress/quilter :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely gifts you made! I love all the snowmen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your snowmen! they are all so cute--especially the one you had pieced from bits of wool..that is really adorable. I also like your header quilt...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful, wonderful gifts...lucky person that got that package in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these gifts you made! Especially the mug mat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky recipient! They are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uns regals molt bonics, segur que a la afortunada, l'hi van agradar molt.
    El que m'agrada molt es el pessebre de la foto principal. Tens els patrons ?? M'agradaria tenir-los.
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  20. me gustaría, ver la cara de la persona que reciba este regalo
    cuando habrá el paquete con tantas cosas preciosas
    que ilusión!!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, those snowman gifts are delightful, Karen. Someone is a very happy snowman lover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A box full of wonderfulness!! What lovely gifts! I love the mug rug - the snowflake block is so pretty and the snowman so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen,
    She will be thrilled, your gifts are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen,
    She will be thrilled, your gifts are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a perfect gift for a Snowman Lover ! They are Adorable ... All of Them :-D Such a Generous gift !

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE them all, but esp. the crazy quilt snowman the most!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable projects Karen! I love all of them too~ as would any snowman lover. Great job! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun projects! I have a friend who loves snowmen too so always get to sew up some for her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lot of work, I know she will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  30. All those friendly snowmen are sure to warm someones heart.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all of your snowman gifts, but my absolute favorite is the patchwork snowman mug rug! That little guy is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am sure your partner will be tickled with all those snowman goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  33. what lovely snowmen gifts for your exchange! I love the log cabin mug rug.
    Hope you get some great goodies and will show them to us

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your projects!! Lucky partner!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so far behind on blogland that it's not even funny! New Years resolution, take time to breath. But not till after inventory! You really do such beautiful work. Thank you so much! I just love everything you sent. Thank you for sharing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete