QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bless Your Heart and a Mini Quilt Gift

I took a Cheri wall quilt pattern and made three of the four small quilts it offered.  Fun, fun!  The first is the "Bless Your Heart" quilt.
The hearts were meant to be pieced.  Instead, I made a complete heart shape from the three pieces and then did applique on a background fabric.  The sideways heart and the upside down heart are facing the same direction as the pattern sample.  The lettering and the flower shapes are cut from wool.  The rest is cotton.

Next I made the single heart piece.  Well, it is three layers of heart shapes but all put together into one.  The flower part of the wall quilt is wool and the rest is made from cottons..  I quilted three words into the background.  Faith, hope, and love.

The last of the heart wall quilts is made with two angels and three hearts.
It would be hard for me to pick a favorite of the three I made.  I like them all and all were easy to make. The designs are something that could be for Valentine's Day because they are heart quilts but also for other times of the year.   In looking back, I found that Stina made these same three quilts a few years ago.  Check them out if you have time by clicking here.  Stina likes pastel fabrics and it shows in these pieces that she made.

The pattern was published by Indygo Junction and the only place I found it available was at Quilter's Warehouse though you can search further if you are interested in making any of these.

I received a delightful mini quilt from a very dear friend.  The triangles are so small and look perfectly pieced.  She framed the quilt and I have it displayed above the fireplace.  The fabrics are scraps from Jan Patek's Blessings line.  I love the little quilt.

I am busy sewing every day and using up stash.  I definitely see a bit of loosening in the fabric cubicles.  All good.  I am heading back to my stitching chair.
Karen



28 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely Karen :0) I especially like the last photo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that I've seen your "Bless Your Heart" designs by Cheri, AND Stina's as well, I am convince more than ever that I must make all three!!! I'm hoping to finish the one I started in 2005 (!) this weekend... then, who knows! Thanks for sharing yours... lovely work as usual... and the link to Stina's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet trio of quilts! They are perfect for Valentines, but would look great any time of year.
    The little quilt you were gifted--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is my favorite, but they're all so sweet. Love that you're so busy with your stitching! It looks like it's going to be a great year for you Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful pieces. I am in mood for hearts too, need to go through my books.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts are gorgeous - and the hst piece is a real treasure! It looks great in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hearts re so cute!! Love them!!! I can't wait o have some more time to play, Ray is having a lot of Dr. Appt's but pretty soon its my time!. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all ready for Valentine's Day. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these hearts are very very delicious, i love that with angels,
    i'll like to do it early.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! And your gift is so pretty!
    Happy stitching!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are beautiful! You are certainly making some serious stitching progress! I should take some inspiration from your energies and get moving quicker on the stash projects I have going on here! Putting a small quilt in a frame is classy... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love the little hearts quilt. It is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great little quilts! Also love the one you were gifted - very special!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All very sweet pieces. Good the fabric cubbies are loosening up :-) Great way to,start the new year.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet additions to celebrate the month of February.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How Darling ! Love them all :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy! I love all three~ what fun they will be to decorate the house! Love your framed piece too~ what a sweet friend. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your hearts! And that mini quilt - precious! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your three heart quilts, it would be hard to choose a favorite! Enjoy your framed quilt, I'm sure you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing these lovely treasures! They are so cute! They inspire me !
    I have not made anything primitive yet, but do want to do something now!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. All very cute projects Karen. I'm inspired to make something Valentine :)

    I love your framed quilt, what a nice gift.

    We have used our fireplace ONCE this winter...not sure we'll get much use of it this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable - I love it and so different to my work. Inspiring!
    Best wishes from a quilting enthusiast across the pond.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your versions....I remember how much fun I had making these....it sure is time to make something Cheri soon....:0)))
    I have now given away my three ones to my mum...she loved them very much...might have to make new ones for me... Lol...

    ReplyDelete