QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snowy Gathering

I recently made a wool mat with snowmen from a pattern by Lisa Bongean. The pattern was in the winter 2013 issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects.  I had wool in my stash that worked very well.  An easy project and it made a nice gift for a special friend.
So many things I want to make.  I am heading back to my easy chair so I can enjoy some stitching time.
Karen

11 comments:

  1. I just got this magazine, with this pattern in it...love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to come sit with you, maybe I might get something done, lol. I need to make a few things from the magazine, so much to make and so little time, so time for me to take it back;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that magazine a couple of months ago--specifically for that pattern. I had completely forgotten about it and yesterday I bought an extremely similar pattern at a local quilt shop. Thanks for reminding me how bad my memory is getting! : )
    I love that little mat. Lucky friend to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working with wool felt. It will make a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom just finished this too. Isn't it just adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable snowman mat ! You are really getting alot of projects done. Good for you ! Me...... not so much :-( I have not touched my sewing machine since before Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so perfect for those snowmen lovers out there :-) I love that gorgeous blue background fabric. Makes a beautiful night sky backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it about snowmen? Very sweet project Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER Sweet candle mat! Your stitching is always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great little mat! I love the blue background.

    ReplyDelete